• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep Scrambler Whitco half top parts, bulkhead, and other CJ8 stuff

dumbguy123

Basic User
City
Cal
State
CA
Thanks for the excellent links Scramblin Man. From the top cover, it looks like a T4 most likely. I have a picture of the other side and it appears to have the angled side to the cover plate vs. the dog leg of the cover plate on the SR4. I was thinking SR4 since this 8 is a 1981. However, by the looks of it T4 is more likely, even though the Novak link provided shows T4 only from 82-86.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Sr4s had relatively short lifespans, and were often replaced with the t4, which is more or less a direct swap - mated up without hassle and I believe you could keep the same drive shafts. It helped they were pretty common with newer cjs making them easier to find and rebuild.

dumbguy123

Basic User
City
Cal
State
CA
It's time to update this thread from May. As previously mentioned, the important parts of this Scrambler came home with me. It will be a long term build as I am missing many parts. Basically I am starting a build from a frame, a body tub, and a Jeep D300 transfer case. This CJ8 was at a local pick your part and someone beat me to the other sheet metal parts, such as front fenders, windshield frame, grill, dash, etc. I left the engine, trans, and both axles because I didn't see the value in them with how much they wanted to charge for them. Since this came from a junkyard, the title status is up in the air, but I'd like to build it with decent axles and drivetrain, maybe D44's and V8-Auto. I also snagged the factory bulkhead and Whitco soft top hardware and storage bag. The soft top itself was gone when I went back. I'm not planning to use the bulkhead or Whitco factory half soft top parts. I would sell them, but I'm currently hoping to use them in trade for the parts I need to have a complete Scrambler again. Here she is, as she sits currently in pic 1 and pic 2 shows how it looked when I found it. I have a long road ahead of me, but excited for the project. I have located the original hood locally with the guy who picked it up and will probably pick it up. It has some rust from a long ago engine fire, but it seems like it might be save-able.

Any anyone has '81 color/vintage original body parts to trade or sell, please let me know. I'd love to find missing parts in the same color so I can avoid a paint job, but I know that would be unlikely. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Attachments

• IMG_20180517_193436.jpg
    IMG_20180517_193436.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 00R0R_2SAAOURhzVl_600x450.jpg
    00R0R_2SAAOURhzVl_600x450.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Hope you grabbed those factory seats if untorn.