• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for a trusted mechanic in St.Louis Area

Shantyirishman

City
St.Louis
State
MO
I'm new to the Scrambler world and loving my new toy. Since I'm still learning how to repair my CJ8, what's the best way to find a trusted mechanic? I live in St.Louis. Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_9192.PNG
    IMG_9192.PNG
    461 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9195.JPG
    IMG_9195.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 22

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
@JoshCard is in Columbia Mo... He is definitely one of us.. He might have some input. Worst case he could give you input on CoMo. I've found that good small town shops are better than big city shops...

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
The Kids are going to love that.

shortbals

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
Hey, I am in St. Louis also, Join Midwest Jeep thing. If you are close to Chesterfield, check out Hellbent performance in the valley, great shop. I do most of my own stuff, so if you need tips or help, let me know. I am in Midwest Jeep thing club and attend the meetings when I can also we go to some of the off road events when we can also.

MoonLight jeep.jpgjeep lake.jpgDeaver Springs.jpg

Shantyirishman

City
St.Louis
State
MO
Hey, I am in St. Louis also, Join Midwest Jeep thing. If you are close to Chesterfield, check out Hellbent performance in the valley, great shop. I do most of my own stuff, so if you need tips or help, let me know. I am in Midwest Jeep thing club and attend the meetings when I can also we go to some of the off road events when we can also.

View attachment 88911View attachment 88909View attachment 88910
Holy cow, that is a beautiful scrambler! The one pic looks like Innsbrook.
My plan is to join the Midwest Jeep group you mentioned and attend meetings if possible. Let me know if you would be willing to meet up sometime so you can check out my Scrambler for tips. I live in U City, so I can come to Chesterfield and also introduce myself to the guys at Hellbent. Thank you for the recommendations.

Shantyirishman

City
St.Louis
State
MO
@JoshCard is in Columbia Mo... He is definitely one of us.. He might have some input. Worst case he could give you input on CoMo. I've found that good small town shops are better than big city shops...
Great, I'll reach out to Josh in Columbia. Thank you for the recommendation.

shortbals

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
Holy cow, that is a beautiful scrambler! The one pic looks like Innsbrook.
My plan is to join the Midwest Jeep group you mentioned and attend meetings if possible. Let me know if you would be willing to meet up sometime so you can check out my Scrambler for tips. I live in U City, so I can come to Chesterfield and also introduce myself to the guys at Hellbent. Thank you for the recommendations.

Good eye, it is innsbrook, we have friends with a place out there. How long ago did you get your scrambler? I think I have seen it running around U. City, my office is at 5977 Delmar.

Shantyirishman

City
St.Louis
State
MO
@Josh
Good eye, it is innsbrook, we have friends with a place out there. How long ago did you get your scrambler? I think I have seen it running around U. City, my office is at 5977 Delmar.
I bought it a few weeks ago and I run around Delmar a fair amount. I would suggest we meet for lunch, but I think the restaurants just got shut down again. I'm gathering parts to get installed at some point. I have a message into Hellbent, but have not heard back. My local mechanic is fine, but certainly not a Scrambler pro.

Shantyirishman

City
St.Louis
State
MO
I know, it wasn't my intent. I still love it. I thought it could be my everyday car with a few adjustments. The fact is, I felt it was unsafe to drive my kids in it every day. I also realized if I want to make adjustments / repairs, I don't have the skillset...yet. I'm going to buy a new Jeep for everyday use and buy another CJ-8 in 3 - 5 years.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I can understand wanting to feel safe driving with the kids... but I feel compelled to point out that the best (if not only) way to acquire the Jeep adjustment/repair/modification "skillset," is to roll up your sleeves and dig in.

You can get answers to pretty much any questions right here on this forum, and you can find local enthusiasts to help you out with hands-on training. Your boys can get in on it too, and learn skills that just aren't taught in school anymore.

Also, if you think Scrambler prices are outrageous now (I certainly do), just wait and see what they'll be in 3-5 years! You could probably double your money just by parking your Scrambler in the garage for 5 years... although I don't recommend that, either.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :thumbsup:

shortbals

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
I can understand wanting to feel safe driving with the kids... but I feel compelled to point out that the best (if not only) way to acquire the Jeep adjustment/repair/modification "skillset," is to roll up your sleeves and dig in.

You can get answers to pretty much any questions right here on this forum, and you can find local enthusiasts to help you out with hands-on training. Your boys can get in on it too, and learn skills that just aren't taught in school anymore.

Also, if you think Scrambler prices are outrageous now (I certainly do), just wait and see what they'll be in 3-5 years! You could probably double your money just by parking your Scrambler in the garage for 5 years... although I don't recommend that, either.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :thumbsup:

I tried telling him the same thing.