• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My '82 CJ-8 "Rambler"

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
With all the parts that I'm not going to use now gone, it's time to get serious about piecing things together. I'm challenging myself to have this thing going within the next 3 years. Probably completely unrealistic given the scope of work and my reputation for finishing projects, even more-so with now having kids. I need a goal though, so 3 years it is. If I don't hit it, no big deal, but I need a target nonetheless.

Since I'm not planning to put things back together in a traditional manner, I'm going to need to do some calculating. I would like to make this an exercise in my engineering education (since I don't seem to use it much lately in my current position), and maybe make this a teaching type thread with thorough explanations and plentiful pictures like some of the legends among us on this forum. Again, lofty goals, but I'm a glutton for punishment. After all, I own a Jeep...

Might as well start with brushing up on my CAD skills...

1675358115619.png

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Nice ! How about a well designed CJ mounting bracket for that. I like the Barnes 4WD one, but out of stock and I’m not positive it is for CJs.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Nice ! How about a well designed CJ mounting bracket for that. I like the Barnes 4WD one, but out of stock and I’m not positive it is for CJs.
Once I get a good frame model built/procured I'll get into freelance engineering options, but I'll start a different thread for that.