Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I recommend doing a jeep yj old man emu 2.5" springs but order the soft springs then remove 2 of the small bottom leaf springs. I removed 1 bottom off my rear right and it leveled my Jeep and got rid of the jeep lean while reducing ride height in that corner about .5". 2 would probably drop it 1" and with the soft springs they'll sit lower than mine does. The ride will be unbelievably nice if you do this. Just a theory.
What shocks did you use after removing the leafs?

City
Old Saybrook
State
CT
What shocks did you use after removing the leafs?
I haven't started this project yet. I'm still doing homework so this doesn't become a project I can't finish. By the looks of my current leaf springs there's just two small rubber shims that sit under the axle. Are the front and rear leaf springs supposed to be the same length? I'm getting roughly 45 inches from leaf spring shackle bolt to leaf spring shackle bolt.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I haven't started this project yet. I'm still doing homework so this doesn't become a project I can't finish. By the looks of my current leaf springs there's just two small rubber shims that sit under the axle. Are the front and rear leaf springs supposed to be the same length? I'm getting roughly 45 inches from leaf spring shackle bolt to leaf spring shackle bolt.
Dimensions here:
https://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_Springs_Jeep_CJ_1976_1986_s/1951.htm

Didn't see where it says they are factory measurements but figure they would be :shrug: