• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Nothing but Class here

fedex

Basic User
City
Cypress
State
CA
I bought my current 8 about 6 yrs ago. $3000 No Rust, No Dents straight frame and totally stock. Last year My Wife advised me to start " fixing it up ". Without going into all the details the fixin up started last December and ended in August (Although we all know it really never ends). I couldn't begin to tell you guys how much great advise I took from this site. Well the last piece of the Puzzle was to find a Full Top, thought long and hard about what to go with (Soft/Hard)I monitored this board daily. Hooked up with Raymo down in San Diego one weekend to check his top out, but I still hadn't made up my mind. Ray has a very cool 8 but I dissapointed him cuz I didn't drive mine down there (didn't want to chance it yet, just replaced a valve cover gasket the week before)Ray, I still have your number and some weekend soon we should meet up in Big Bear. One week later I was looking at some older threads and saw a post from Jefe. He was telling someone that he had a Full HardTop that he was thinking about selling. I sent him a email and he invited me up to look at it. We looked at the top for about 20 minutes and his Jeeping Pics for about another hour and talked about a price. Two week later I did the drive again to Jeffs house to buy it. It took 3 of us to put that heavy beast on and Jeff did all the drilling and supplied the hardware. Jeff, Thanks again for Top and the help. The best thing about this board is that there is no Bulls*&t, Just good solid advice from Good Jeepers. Keep on Waving (even to the Wranglers, So what if they don't get it).
NOTHING BUT CLASS HERE.

jefe

Basic User
City
Nevada City
State
CA
Bob,
How does the top fit with your hard doors? I liked the look of the Jamaican beige hard top on your white CJ8. It looks like a motorized cheesecake. Until we put the top on, I really forgot what fine shape it was in, considering it is 20 years old.
For those who haven't seen Bob's white '82, he did what I consider a full resto on it. It looks new. Sano. The drool factor is very high. White is an especially attractive color for the CJ8.
It's funny, the first day he came over to look at the top, I remarked that he was going to get wet soon with no top/no doors at all. He said he'd been driving this way for a long time, albiet, not as his daily drive. Within a couple of hours he was drenched driving north from my place. The odds on that in Sept. in So. Cal are 1K:1 against it.
I installed my Custom 1/2 soft top again this month, changed my PCM to one that is not corrupted, changed one bad injector, and had the rig smogged. It is one clean burning engine according to the readout. I'm ready to go Jeeping with no time for it until December.
regards, as always, jefe