• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Passenger mirror

duffbeerisgood

City
Garner
State
NC
OK this has been bugging me for years. I have owned several cj's over the years and never figured it out.......
20200523_080511.jpg
What is the correct position for the passenger mirror? I have never really been able to see anything out of it, especially with the doors on. I have even had some suggest to move it way forward and look through the windshield:unsure:?

Am I crazy here or are they worthless??

Last edited:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Do a web search for "factory CJ7 brochure pictures"

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I don't think you are crazy, unless both of us are, which I don't think is the case. I removed mine 36 years ago and never looked back :) At least with that mirror

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
The passenger mirror definitely was intended to be viewed through the windshield.
It takes a little getting used to, kind of like looking to the center of the dash to see the gauges. (notice I didn't specify right for the RHD owners :thumbsup:)

Here's a better view of how far forward the passenger side mirror is positioned:

cj mirror.jpg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Mine is mounted on the A-pillar and I can see it pretty well through the passenger door window.
passenger side.jpgpassenger side.jpg

Attachments

• passenger side - Copy.jpg
    passenger side - Copy.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Haven't had one on the passenger side for decades.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Land Cruiser softtop mirrors on mine. Work great on both sides. The originals were useless and wobbled horribly.

Attachments

• 20200525_175443.jpg
    20200525_175443.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 36

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
As shown above, you position it forward and look through the windshield.