• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Should I get excited about this?

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
In regards to starter motors and alternators for the sd33. Over here in australia these motors are everywhere. All wreckers have parts for them. So if anyone is really stuck id be happy to ship one over for you but itd be pricey going aus to usa.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Hey guys, sorry for the hijack, BUT.....
I recently discovered part of a CJ10a carcass near my work. I finally contacted the owner who was more than happy to sell it cheap. ($250)

It's a good tub, top and sliding window, and a fair 60/40 type seat, good hood grills fenders and windshield. Passenger side door and glass are good. Drivers side has damage where somebody ripped out the mirror and that glass was replaced w a curved one.
NO frame and NO drivetrain.

2 questions: How do u get a title? And is $250 good?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Super deal. Jeep addict is already offering you $250 for the doors and then you have a FREE jeep !:)

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Im pretty sure the 10a's have just a serial number. Makes titling in some states more difficult but not impossible. It's really just parts tho from that standpoint without the frame IMHO.

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Buy all the things. Buy it. Hoard it. Hide it away.

Nah. But do buy it. It's a great deal.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Awesome! I'm undecided at this point what to do with it. Think I'll surf the net for inspiration. Will a regular scrambler top fit? And do u think that anyone who needed the square doors/top would trade straight up? Jus brainstorming.... Anyone got an engine? I have a caddy 500 laying around.... :thumbsup: but I'm def open to ideas.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
You will need a frame too. ;)

Unfortunately i am not close to you for trades to work. But others are !

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Waggy frame? CJ?? I was kinda thinking stock hummer 8 lug wheels and tires. I have a dually Dana 60 rear already if I decide to go that route.
But I also recently picked up an AMC20 w 4.56's and a Detroit.
Ya'll shoot ideas at me.

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
Are you planning on keeping the seat? Id be interested depending on condition and whether youd ship it and how much shipping would cost.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Not sure about doors....MIGHT swap for scrambler top and door....maybe.
Probly keeping seat tho....

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Sooooooo....... Anybody got a tug frame or engine?

Or a wagoner frame???

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Yeah, I'd do that if I hade a frame. But unfortunately, I only have a body.

Quick question tho..... Will a ford 6.9 diesel fit? Found one locally w T19 tranny for $300. From what I read so far, it's a simple engine, which is good, but it's 860 lbs!!!