• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Should I get excited about this?

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
OR, I can use the caddy 500 I have laying around...... But I really want a stick shift and the caddy doesn't have a cheap/simple solution..... but I can be done.

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
Yeah, I'd do that if I hade a frame. But unfortunately, I only have a body.

Quick question tho..... Will a ford 6.9 diesel fit? Found one locally w T19 tranny for $300. From what I read so far, it's a simple engine, which is good, but it's 860 lbs!!!

Anything will fit with enough torch, plasma and grinding wheels. Get you an old ford f250 frame and use that.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Don't think I haven't given that some thought.... The engine/tranny donor's frame and rear axle are available. But it's 2wd, so I dunno which way would be easier/cheaper

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
Don't think I haven't given that some thought.... The engine/tranny donor's frame and rear axle are available. But it's 2wd, so I dunno which way would be easier/cheaper

Being 2wd wont matter cut all the coil buckets off and SAS it. I would say if the frame will fit and you can work out the mounts then theres half or more of the battle. A SAS is simple when you have a set of clean frame rails to work with.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Took the family down there to the waterpark, but we got rained out today. But the junkyard doesn't close in the rain!
I got the front bumper, steps, and 8lug conversion parts. The tub was not as bad as I expected, but unfortunately someone took a sawzall to the whole top of the cowl. Engine is still there. Grill is rough, but fixable and the fenders and hood are pretty good.
We REALLY wanted that rear bumper, but it was attached w some kind of huge rivets, and I didn't have tools w me to remove them. Plus no room in the car for that giant thing. Anyway.... Thanks for the heads up. The few parts I got will get me closer to completing my project.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Made a lot of progress, but can't post pics. It says my file is too large. 😪

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
That is awesome. WANT

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
I know she's ugly now, but who else has a 1 ton dually rat rod big block jeep?

Well, THIS GUY does...... Lol. It's only 2wd and caddy500 is carbed, so I'm gonna slam it and use as a tow rig/support rig/camping rig

Paint it up all rat rod w wwII bomber type nose art

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
And to me, that trailer bed looks like it was MADE for that cab! But it wasn't. But it sure fit good and the proportions turned out nice.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Was re-reading this thread and completetly forgot that I got some parts off that jeep in the very original post!
I have the front bumper, side steps, and 8 lug outers. I wanted the rear bumper bad, but I didn't bring my sawzall or torch. It was a 4 hr drive to get there and it was raining sideways. I wanted the tub, but somebody sawzalled the cowl to get the windshield frame 😦

Btw, my doors are for sale or trade. One has original glass!!!

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Think I'm gonna get the bows and canvas to use for camping when this is my tow rig .
Never hafta setup a tent again! Probly get the tan cover tho to keep the temp down.

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
I ended up not using the 8lug outers.... This one is 2wd 😦

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
Also, opinions needed on seating. It has the original split bench and of course the drivers side is in need of repair. But I also have a pr of vinyl black corbeaus that look great in there, but I'd need brackets. Wha would YOU do?