• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Spewed like a geyser...

Bollocky

Devoted Scrambler
City
Charlotte Area
State
NC
I know this isn't the the Hun, hear me out :D

I was driving a few nights ago with my mother when all of a sudden billows of smoke rolled out from the engine :eek: I thought perhaps it had caught fire. Well, the pcv valve and the oil fill cap were blown off and a whole lot of oil too. I pushed the valve back in and bought a new cap the next day. Oh, I think it did it again later that night.

:confused: Any ideas? Did I slide it in the wrong gear or what? What coud do that?

Ted Wendel

Jeep nut
City
Richmond
State
VA
Your compression rings are shot,compression is leaking by,and pressurizing the crankcase,and blowing out the pcv ,oil cap,and will blow out the dipstick,and can even blow out seals.

slimyjaime

Basic User
City
Silver Spring
State
Md
Yep sounds like you have whats called "blow by" your rings are toast! I had it happen in a scout that I had with a 345 it was blowing out of the dip stck and the oil cap, also the oil looked kinda wierd like it was airraided, all bubbly and wht not. sorry about that, for me it was easier to change motors... :(

Commander_Kang

What was that noise?
City
Reisterstown
State
MD
slimyjaime said:
Yep sounds like you have whats called "blow by" your rings are toast! I had it happen in a scout that I had with a 345 it was blowing out of the dip stck and the oil cap, also the oil looked kinda wierd like it was airraided, all bubbly and wht not. sorry about that, for me it was easier to change motors... :(

I'm in the process of switching motors as well.Sucks too the engine only has 12K miles on it and it does it really bad.

slimyjaime

Basic User
City
Silver Spring
State
Md
What part of Md. are you in. I live in Silver Spring near DC. good luck with the swap, if you need a hand let me know and I'll se what I can do. pm me.