• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

TF(Torque Flight)727???

A

AZScrambler

I just found my 401 and would like to put on the Torque Flight 727 along with the Dana 300 transfer case. Is there an adapter? I have looked into it a little and have checked Advance Adapters catalog but did not see one. Also is there another alternative and still stick w/AMC? I heard there is another transfer case that would bolt up.

C

CJATE

I have seen this combination done once in a J truck. There isn't any need for an adapter because it all bolts together. I also believe this is a great combination as far as strength. There might be some issues with front driveshaft clearance and the 727 pan. I have heard many CJ owner say you need to lift the CJ 4" over stock to clear the Tranny pan. You may want to investigate clocking the transfer case instead.

W

wiltech

Wouldn't you have to clock the transfer case downwards to improve the clearance. This would reduce you're ground clearance even more.

Tony W