• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Tub Mounts - 1984 Scrambler

bdawgg

Silver Member
City
Greenwood
State
MO
Fixing to put the tub back on the frame…any suggestions on what mounting/bushing kit I need to get?

Thanks

Last edited:

cj-jim

Legacy Registered User
City
troy
State
mi
I have the most complete and accurate kit known to man. 235.00 del. Jim 248 722 9427

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
I can confirm what cj-jim says above. I recently got a set from him and installed them. They are perfect!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I used the 4wd hardware kit and had to cut the bushings to fit. It worked, but if you don’t know the stock height of the original bushings, it is a pain.

bdawgg

Silver Member
City
Greenwood
State
MO
so i see rubber & poly ones out there…which are the best to use?

cj-jim

Legacy Registered User
City
troy
State
mi
Thank you for your interest. Bushings are equivalent to OEM rubber. Jim 248 722 9427

bdawgg

Silver Member
City
Greenwood
State
MO
Are there only 2 of the ‘sleeves’ that go on to the scrambler? When we took the tub off it only had 2 so don’t know if I need more or not…

Also, would like to use new hardware for this so where can I get this? The bolts & washers….can I just go to the hardware store and get or are these ‘special’ ?

Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 6

cj-jim

Legacy Registered User
City
troy
State
mi
call Jim 248 722 9427 he can answer all your questions and supply you with correct components. thank you

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Are there only 2 of the ‘sleeves’ that go on to the scrambler? When we took the tub off it only had 2 so don’t know if I need more or not…

Also, would like to use new hardware for this so where can I get this? The bolts & washers….can I just go to the hardware store and get or are these ‘special’ ?

Any thoughts on this?
From the factory they all have the sleeves.
I remember most of mine were intact, but I went with a 1" lift so used the hardware in the kit.

Here is a set that shows the parts:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/55008_00.htm