12th Annual Colorado Scramble

City
White Rock
State
NM
still hopeful Dan, but I havent been told where or when I have been obligated to pick up the beloved parasite from her vacation....

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Brian it will be great to see you again...

Terry its been way to long since we have seen you man so work it out... ;-)... jk of course! Hope you get to come.

City
Louisville
State
co
Darn wont be able to make it those dates. If you do some other local runs that I can run Dan, my daughter and I would love to join you on a trail another day. Have fun. Should be a fun set of trails. There is still some good fishing in Wheeler lake as well as the creek down below.

Challenger

Legacy Registered User
City
Loveland
State
CO
Linda and myself will be there. Also I am looking for a full hard door, driver's side, any color but need it in good shape. call me at 303-478-5471. maybe someone can bring it to Fairplay, thanks

Todd

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Some trail info...

Todd I don't have a door but look forward to seeing you guys it will be fun to see everyone and to be back home... We like it here very much but home really is where the heart is and for me that will always be Colorado!

I had mentioned that we would probably do Breakneck Pass and Browns Pass and we still may do so depending on times of trail completion etc...

However for a "Main Day" trail we are going to do Mosquito Pass to the Summit and back with a couple of side trips. This trail really has all of what Colorado has to offer for scenery and I cant see passing on it again, therefore we'll do it.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Trail Conditions: http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm#mosquito

Mosquito Pass

COMMENTS:
7/9/14 - Open from Alama to North London Mine. 7+ feet snow still blocking road at mine.
10+ feet snow blocking road above mine on talus field climb to summit.
Road muddy and creek crossings high due to snow-melt.

Wheeler Lake
COMMENTS:
7/5/14 - The trail is 95% open. About 1/2 to the top we busted out a large snow drift. About 300 feet from the top is a large deep snow drift that we were only able to get about 20 feet or so into. There is a lot of waterholes because of runoff but the trail is passable. I expect that the top section needs another week or 2 and it will be open as well.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Yep Jason I have read both of those myself... Did you find those on on Bushducks? Wheeler should be clear by the time we get there and maybe we'll have to open it those last few feet :-). You are not joining us until the last day is that correct still?

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Yes, those quotes from Bushducks.
Always fun busting open some snowy trails!

Correct, will not be joining until Friday morning.
I believe John Case will be doing the same.
Hopefully our junk is still able to move by then.
If not, will hitch a ride!

Is Picnic Friday evening?

jhopcj8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
I'll be there the 23rd and hopefully the 25th. I can't make it on the 24th.

Sent from my iPad

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Will plan to bring a gallon of Pit Beans. Anything else we can help with let us know.

mtnclimber

85 CJ-8 Laredo
City
Golden
State
CO
Anyone coming to Colorado via way of Dallas as I am looking at possibly buying a used tub that is in better shape than mine and am trying to find it a ride so I do not have to head down to Dallas to pick it up?

City
White Rock
State
NM
Hey Dan,anymore clarity on what trails which day? I may be able to come up for just Thursday or just Friday, low probability on both

thanks

jhopcj8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Some first day pictures (had to skip the second day but plan to be there for Wheeler Lake)

Sent from my iPad

City
White Rock
State
NM
darn I wish I could have made it, I really thought this was the year, Looks like a great few days of awesome scenery

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
It was a great time with great friends, awesome and beautiful trails. I'm sure more pictures to come...

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Thanks again Dan for organizing the whole deal... Lots of fun this year.

North Twin Cone Peak (Thursday);

Wheeler Lake (Friday);