• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2015 National Scramble - Hawk Pride Offroad park, Tuscumbia, Alabama

Ok so I never made it to a scramble event before but this one is pretty close, whats required to attend? cj8.com membership paid infull? and something else?
 
Ok so I never made it to a scramble event before but this one is pretty close, whats required to attend? cj8.com membership paid infull? and something else?

We'd love to have you.

Follow this link for registration. It's just a little more to register if you're not an SOA member but you can register as and certainly still participate as a non-member.
If you'd like to join (we'd like for you to join) you can do so by following this link first and then doing the event registration paying the SOA member rate.

Looking forward to meeting you.
 
Ok so I never made it to a scramble event before but this one is pretty close, whats required to attend? cj8.com membership paid infull? and something else?

Just to clarify - cj-8.org is the Scrambler Owners Association.
cj-8.com is the website. Kissing cousins, but not the same for purposes of event registration/fees.

Wow! Is this really next week already??!! Aired up the tires, put gas in it, and recharged the A/C. We are ready.
 
Can a camp site still be had? Any recommendations where some of yall are staying?
 
Can a camp site still be had? Any recommendations where some of yall are staying?

You will need to contact Hawk Pride to see if they have any camping spots left.

Some staying at Comfort Inn, Key West Inn, Cold Water Inn.
 
We'd love to have you.

Follow this link for registration. It's just a little more to register if you're not an SOA member but you can register as and certainly still participate as a non-member.
If you'd like to join (we'd like for you to join) you can do so by following this link first and then doing the event registration paying the SOA member rate.

Looking forward to meeting you.



I sent payment but forgot to refrence my screen name on the payment. sent from 4harmons at bellsouth . net
 
Great to have you, Chris! Welcome!
Thanks for joining and registering for the event.

I talked with the park owner earlier this evening and he still has cabins available.
Two have no bathroom but an adjacent bathhouse, the other has two halves (two suites) each with their own bathroom and shower.
All available. Crazy. I guess everyone is RVing or staying in a hotel. Cabins are all nice.
You can reserve them online or call them.
http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/camping/

Again, welcome. Look forward to meeting you, along will all of our other new folks!
 
One time run.
I have (3) of these Jeep CJ grill fire pits for sale. Can deliver to National Scramble next week or the Unlimited Offroad Expo this Friday or Saturday.
(1) side has Scrambler Owners Association/CJ8 and the other side is plain.
If they do not sell at National I may consider shipping upon my return.
Asking $100 each.
Approximate assembled size is 1'-6" high, 2'-0" x 2'-6" footprint.
Knocked down for flat storage/transport 1" x 1'-6" x 2'-6"

We `Adams Family' will be giving one away in the SOA National raffle as well.
 

Attachments

  • Jeep Grill Fire Pit SOA side.jpg
    Jeep Grill Fire Pit SOA side.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Jeep Grill Fire Pit Plaind side.jpg
    Jeep Grill Fire Pit Plaind side.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 113
Forecast for Wed, Thurs, Friday, Saturday

Been checking in with Jake's weather guy last couple days. Temps look great!!! I am reading between the lines from the graphic below that he is expecting the rain to be isolated 30 minute-1 hour storms; not all day - all night events. I'll prolly wait til Tuesday night to make a call on the top; but I am leaning bikini only.

THE REST OF THE WEEK: As Bill said yesterday, June in Alabama is typically dominated by northwesterly flow, which a lot of time brings showers and storms into Alabama from the Midwest. We can also see weak frontal boundaries make their way into Alabama, and that is what we will see this week. A frontal boundary will approach the state by Tuesday and that means we are going to see an increase in our rain chances. This somewhat unsettled pattern will continue for much of the week. Expect scattered showers and storms each day mainly during the afternoon and evening. With the addition to the clouds and rain, we will be dialing those highs down, mid-80s are expected. However, with the lower temps we are going to talking about more humid conditions. Once again, this is nothing too unusual for the month of June in Alabama.

alabama 7 day.JPG
 
My bad for not getting this up sooner, but I'm pushing out a new issue of JPFreek before I leave on Tuesday and things are a bit crazy with trying to prep for the drive down at the same time...

FOR FOLKS ATTENDING THE NATIONAL: I have set up a free shipping discount code on the JPFreek store so you can order and pay for whatever you'd like and I'll be certain to have it at the event for you.

Visit the store: http://jpfreek.myshopify.com and use the code "SOANationalFreeShipping" without quotes when you check out.

This way I'll know to bring your items. I'm driving the Postal down with my Bantam trailer in tow, so I'll be somewhat limited to the shirts I can bring down. If you buy before Tuesday morning, I can be certain to load your stuff so there's no worry about not having it or running out. It also simplifies dealing with payment.

I will have a credit card reader with me and will bring other stuff too, but this is the simplest way to make sure you get what you want.

We have JPFreek Family shirts for the whole family:

Boys_JPFreek_shirt_largejpgv1409106972-1.jpg


Girls_JPFreek_shirt_largejpgv1409107223-1.jpg


Ladies_JPFreek_shirt_largejpgv1409106311-1.jpg


Mens_JPFreek_shirt_largejpgv1409082794-1.jpg


45d6e537c351a4104dc265404b5a91c0_ad93987-1.jpg


We have all the Freeks as stickers (way better than the stick figure family) and even have dog and cat versions!
babb2b6a4642a7ea787ccfa016fb129b_grandej-1.jpg


29b34558f69c0f9cb0f8c9f9cbd230a0_grandej-1.jpg


And there's windshield banners:
10374536_10205551889014456_7729100072499795165_n.jpg
 
0a2ff30a3696009044795db7b3ed8be0-1.jpg


Just had a frog straggling gully washer a short time ago here @ Hawk Pride


 
And here I am about to drive down with just the long bikini top on the Postal...

Windows are for sissies.
 
I got an email from the park concerning camping and they said we could put a tent up anywhere. Anyone know that to be a fact?
 
Anyone in the area yet? It's pouring rain in Birmingham now!!


 
Been here since Sunday. No rain today. It had rained overnight
 
Heading in the morning. Should get there around 2pm.
 
Back
Top