• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

3/4 length bikini top

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
How is it that a 3/4 length bikini top that shades the back seat isn't readily available? Anyone know where to get one or do they have to be made? Has anyone retrofitted one from one of the jk's or such that are longer?

attachment.php

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks like the rear uses a bow like a Bimini top for a boat. Any boat canvas shop should be able to make one realitivly easy. Bonus is they can make it in almost any color.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
There used to be one available. I think it was actually call the Safari Top. I guess they didn't sell many so they stopped making am I thought it was a good product

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I made one out of awning material to cover the family style roll cage I built. Pretty easy to make if you have a sewing machine and know how to use it.
63CC1677-4445-4B05-AC23-792CA80E0C40.jpeg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
You might check with that guy in Idaho making tops. He posted here last week looking for a CJ8 to fit a soft top to.

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Unlike sdsupilot, I cant sew and don't have a machine... I had a local upholstery shop make me this one. About $425.00. Not cheap but it works great and gives us full shade.

Attachments

• 20180422_131331.jpg
    20180422_131331.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180422_135000.jpg
    20180422_135000.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180422_164530.jpg
    20180422_164530.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 61

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
City
Montrose
State
CO
I have a full length cage on my Scrambler and a yj Safari top extends back as far as the one on Bigwalton's. It is a Bestow brand.

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
I had one made at a local upholstery shop. Had to sacrifice the plastic insert that goes into the windshield channel from an older shade but the new one works great! The top set me back $50.

Excuse all the crap in this old photo!

IMG_0331_zpsf5gjpmyf.jpg

IMG_9735_zpsfzzh1lj1.jpg

Last edited:

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I had one made at a local upholstery shop. Had to sacrifice the plastic insert that goes into the windshield channel from an older shade but the new one works great! The top set me back $50.

Excuse all the crap in this old photo!
What size tires are you running, Jeff?

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Thanks. I liked the stance and thought it might be bigger. I'm going with 32" so it'll be just a bit shorter. The trailer looks a little shorter, no?

Yes, trailer is sitting on 31x10.50's on 15x7" rims, I did not want to get too large after I flipped the axles because I felt it would be top heavy. This set-up seems to work really well.