• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

317k mile 1983 cj7 limited California ac

V3X8Te

Basic User
City
Yorktown
State
Vi
Thought I’d show the beater Jeep I got from craigslist awhile ago. It came with mpfi, and it has been band-aided along as a backup vehicle. Currently the carpets are integral to the floor the body is so far gone. The plan is to turn it into a crawler after the scrambler is daily able with a different tub.

Attachments

• 7458D9F9-751C-4964-A2B3-EA6BD0D94B60.jpeg
    7458D9F9-751C-4964-A2B3-EA6BD0D94B60.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 25

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thats impressive...ive had some 2s but never a 3. If you want to sell the end caps off the front bumper when you get to messing with it, I am very interested. They are the same as for the Overlander, but used on the rear.

V3X8Te

Basic User
City
Yorktown
State
Vi
Thats impressive...ive had some 2s but never a 3. If you want to sell the end caps off the front bumper when you get to messing with it, I am very interested. They are the same as for the Overlander, but used on the rear.
They are not in good condition, they both have cracks where the end of the metal bumper is

Attachments

• AA9F5564-D5CC-45A4-B843-48EB10A4F5D7.jpeg
    AA9F5564-D5CC-45A4-B843-48EB10A4F5D7.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 18

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I bought one of those thinking if there was a demand I'll have some cast in aluminum. I did have the larger front bumper extensions cast and they could be cut down to that size if you don't find what you want. If a few people want the smaller ones cast, I'll do it. If not, I've got one nice plastic one like on the CJ that I could trade or sell to you if interested.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I bet that Jeep has some stories. It is well used for sure just how it should be.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I bought one of those thinking if there was a demand I'll have some cast in aluminum. I did have the larger front bumper extensions cast and they could be cut down to that size if you don't find what you want. If a few people want the smaller ones cast, I'll do it. If not, I've got one nice plastic one like on the CJ that I could trade or sell to you if interested.
Thanks Kim i would for sure be interested in the original... and as far as demand yes i think its pretty low...other than the overlander thing which les than a handful exist here , not as many Limited purists here as well. One thing that i think would be of interest would be the type I taller end caps for 80-81.5 J trucks...something to consider....

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Thanks Kim i would for sure be interested in the original... and as far as demand yes i think its pretty low...other than the overlander thing which les than a handful exist here , not as many Limited purists here as well. One thing that i think would be of interest would be the type I taller end caps for 80-81.5 J trucks...something to consider....
The taller end caps I could make if I had a crappy original to cut and modify for a pattern. Someone who wanted the taller Honcho end caps was supposed to send me one but it never happened. I paid 75 for the front end cap. Have you collected any more Laredo steering wheels? I'm completely out of those now.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
The taller end caps I could make if I had a crappy original to cut and modify for a pattern. Someone who wanted the taller Honcho end caps was supposed to send me one but it never happened. I paid 75 for the front end cap. Have you collected any more Laredo steering wheels? I'm completely out of those now.

I haven’t had any parts rigs come in since last fall but maybe 1 is still hanging around in the deep dish variety ill have a look. And I have one of those caps in pieces maybe that can work for the pattern..ill get that out too.

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Am I the only one amazed that the speedometer cable would last that long?