• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

4 Wire Wiper Motor Question

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’m looking for wire identification on the 4 wire wiper motor flat plug. The plug is labeled A B C D. Which wire performs which function? I know there’s low, high, park, and battery. I have factory manuals, but they don’t give a pinout on the plug, nor do they give the colors. FYI, I’m using a Cherokee column and corresponding intermittent box, and a CJ motor. It plays together well- I used the same setup on Copper. But, on Copper I used trial and error and then snipped off the flat plug and hard wired it. And didn't make notes. So- if anyone can tell me which wires perform which function, I’d appreciate it !

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I’m looking for wire identification on the 4 wire wiper motor flat plug. The plug is labeled A B C D. Which wire performs which function? I know there’s low, high, park, and battery. I have factory manuals, but they don’t give a pinout on the plug, nor do they give the colors. FYI, I’m using a Cherokee column and corresponding intermittent box, and a CJ motor. It plays together well- I used the same setup on Copper. But, on Copper I used trial and error and then snipped off the flat plug and hard wired it. And didn't make notes. So- if anyone can tell me which wires perform which function, I’d appreciate it !
I have this for an '83:

Wiper.PNG

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
This is intermittent, but the wiper motor color/functions appear to be the same:

Wiper I.PNG

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I have this for an '83:

View attachment 96466
Those are perfect! Thank you so much! I’m curious- where are you finding these? I have a 79,81, and 82 (MR252) manuals and Shopkey Pro (Mitchell on demand). None of them had this.

This is the jumper harness I’m building. 180331E1-F797-4FB9-8C1C-A8F5808745BD.jpeg

Last edited:

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Randy,

Glad they helped.

I have a full printed version back at home. These are from a PDF I got many years ago as well.
I tried to determine where it originated and realized this is actually for the '84 - '86, I just discovered I've been erroneously posting snips here the whole time stating they were for the '83. :shrug:

I like the paper manual more but this is convenient to share for others.

fsm.PNG

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Randy,

Glad they helped.

I have a full printed version back at home. These are from a PDF I got many years ago as well.
I tried to determine where it originated and realized this is actually for the '84 - '86, I just discovered I've been erroneously posting snips here the whole time stating they were for the '83. :shrug:

I like the paper manual more but this is convenient to share for others.

View attachment 96498
Interesting. I have that manual too. I looked and couldn’t find what I needed. Now I’ll have to double check, but in the mean time your help let me get the harness built. So thank you again.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Good info, ty. My fast wipers don't go fast, same speed as slow.
Plus the washer pump is shot.
These diagrams should help a bunch....
It's almost Bug season