• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

81 Scrambler Rebuild

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Does this kit use the fresh air vent on the cowl? I closed mine up planning to use the vintage air kit.
No. That still goes to the factory heater. The air con unit is separate. But it pushes up tightly against the heater ducting.

AZRic

CJ-8 Member
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Anyone put a protective film on the back side of their hinges? My OEM YJ half door hinges have a film on them and i was wondering if i need it on all hinges. Just had a frame off Paint job completed...

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I went with some spray plasti cote...
So painted fully and then the plasti cote? Just right on the paint? Any sanding or prep?

Curious because I've never heard anything like that... sounds interesting. I like that better than the rubber sheet I have seen some people try.

AZRic

CJ-8 Member
City
Glendale
State
AZ
I cleaned the painted part with a good wax remover/cleaner, masked off what i didn't want sprayed and went at it. I sprayed 3 light coats and let dry overnight( remove you tape right away or it will peel of the plastic coating when you pull the tape, found that out the hard way) . Not saying its the best but it worked pretty good. Best part is you can make it as thin or thick as you want. Working good so far. The hinges i had to remove came right off with no paint damage to the body.