• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Aluminium slot prices?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What's the going rate for aluminium slots in good shape? Not polished but not oxidized either. I AM NOT selling any.
Thanks

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Yep, I mean nope. Ones in Lansdale2 towns over) The ones in Norristown are mine but are steel not aluminum and won't clear CJ disc brake calipers.

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
What's the going rate for aluminium slots in good shape? Not polished but not oxidized either. I AM NOT selling any.
Thanks

I haven't seen a set around here for a couple years now... last set I got $150 a piece for 5 of them, but I spent a lot of time cleaning them up and shining/polishing.

cb

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
This link does nothing, but ansens usually won't fit over the front hub, so just make sure it is at least 4.25" ... but not sure this is even what he is looking for as mentioned.

cb
The link works for me. Sorry, just trying to help. :shrug:

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
I just paid $500 for a polished set of 4 this week to go on our new Jeepster (pics and story to come on the Jeepster). I messaged with someone in Norristown (Joseph) that is selling 4 currently on a CJ that he is parting. He was asking $400, and I told him that was a reasonable starting point but I bought another set. Was that you Barrys?

Here's the set I bought from FL, but I still need a spare.

Pic of Mags.jpg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I just paid $500 for a polished set of 4 this week to go on our new Jeepster (pics and story to come on the Jeepster). I messaged with someone in Norristown (Joseph) that is selling 4 currently on a CJ that he is parting. He was asking $400, and I told him that was a reasonable starting point but I bought another set. Was that you Barrys?

Here's the set I bought from FL, but I still need a spare.

View attachment 89071
No, mine are steel that I am selling and won't clear CJ brake calipers. I know of the ones you inquired about. He has 3 locations listed on FB so I don't know if he is right around the corner or 30 minutes away.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Got my eye on these:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/usm-u10115808540/overview

Not sure if I'll do these or new white wagon wheels.

Those look very similar to the originals... they have the kindney sholes where the bolt holes are... so the trademark or copyright must have expired... in years past, they were always off set and didn't line up and I always wondered if they weren't allowed to copy them exactly.

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Agree $100 or so for one without heavy curb rash etc, and $125-150 ish for nice polished ready to go.

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
I've had multiple sets of these slotted rims factory and non-factory. Factory Cj5 aluminum slotted rims go for some cash. I had a guy on a cj5 forum buy four sets off me. The factory sets have a serial number on the back of them (if they are in good condition you can still find the numbers). The guy buying them knew more about them then me and was pleased to find what I had. he could believe I had four sets lol. Its been a few years. If I go through my pics ill see if i can find the numbers.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
I'm looking for one more to make a 5th/spare if anyone has an extra. Thanks

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
The factory sets have a serial number on the back of them (if they are in good condition you can still find the numbers).

Does this look like the #'s you mentioned?

Attachments

• 20201122_143809.jpg
    20201122_143809.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 18

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I'm looking for one more to make a 5th/spare if anyone has an extra. Thanks
That seems to be the problem. When I see them 4sale, people are selling just 4. I know 2 people besides you that are just needing 1. Any width in particular ? Or any width is good ?