• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ-7 Limited question, because I have to win Facebook

easttex

Basic User
City
gilmer
State
tx
Thanks for the replies but I am still where I was before. It clearly shows 9E but it does not show up in the color chart. What color is 9E?
I have tried to upload pictures of the trim tag but it is only allowing me to upload from a url rather than my desktop. Am I losing it or have I uploaded directly from my desktop before? And what color is 9E!

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
9E is Wedgewood Blue, which is a one year only color for 1979. Sounds like your 7's tub was swapped at some point. Would have been a nice blue on blue CJ, probably a Renegade with blue denim seats.

easttex

Basic User
City
gilmer
State
tx
I still cant upload pics from my desktop. I saw that 9E was offered in 1979 and I was worried that my tub was swapped. However, the vin number on the trim tag matches the vin number from the windshield frame. And the vin number is from a 1983 model. Did Jeep offer colors that are not on the standard cj list? It may not be a limited but I still do not know what it is.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I still cant upload pics from my desktop. I saw that 9E was offered in 1979 and I was worried that my tub was swapped. However, the vin number on the trim tag matches the vin number from the windshield frame. And the vin number is from a 1983 model. Did Jeep offer colors that are not on the standard cj list? It may not be a limited but I still do not know what it is.

As a basic user you will need to host the pics on a picture hosting site then copy and paste the link here. Or you could become a paid member and just upload pics to this site. :thumbsup:

Trim tag and VIN tag could have been swapped when the tub was swapped. Do they match the title VIN and does the title state it is a 1983?

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
And does the VIN on the trim tag/window frame match the VIN numbers on the frame?

easttex

Basic User
City
gilmer
State
tx
Polarfire and Mr. Boh.
Thanks for the replies. The windshield VIN and the Trim tag VIN both match. I will check the frame tonight. Should be easy because the body is off right now. It is possible the tub was switched. My title says it is a 1983 but the 9E color was not offered. The main reason I am asking is because I am blasting the body to fix all the rust and paint it back to its original color. I am going to have to use the 9E color but I just don't know what it is. If it is wedgewood blue then the 1983 Jeep is going to get a 1979 color. I wonder if you could special order colors back then?