• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Daily driver if money was no object.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
What would your daily driver be if money was no object. Mine would be a fc150/170 with 4 wheel disc brakes, a.c., and a small turbo diesel engine. Next would be my scrambler fully restored. My girlfriend asked me last night and she wasn't pleased with my answer. She wants me to get something like a suburban or Wagoneer (choice#3). Apparently I'm the only one that finds my small vehicle fetish acceptable. I currently drive an 08 ranger regular cab 4cyl rwd.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Well, I guess I'd have to go with a 1970 Mustang Mach I. :D

In real life, my daily driver is a company pickup... but someday it will be my Scrambler! Slowly, but surely, I'm making it just the way I want it. :thumbsup:

I'll have to say though, my '95 2wd Suburban has turned out to be just about the most useful vehicle I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of vehicles)! The only other vehicle that comes close, is a '78 VW Bus that I drove for many years....

Last edited:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
If money were no object I'd drive a different vehicle every day! If I had to pick one, I'd currently pick a perfectly restored (wouldnt want to rack up miles on an original) 1980 Grand Wagoneer Limited. I'm lusting for one right now. My tastes change frequently though.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I want a delorean. There supposed to be selling them again next year with a new updated drivetrain and use all nos parts left over.

sent from my flaming samsung note7

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Hate the delorean. Was really into them until I had the chance to drive one. I couldn't hit 88 mph. Couldn't even hit 75 on the roads around here. They really dropped the ball in the power department with those.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
I wouldn't mind an early 60s full size jeep. Either pickup or wagoneer. It would look good towing my boat and would go well with my Tonka collection.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
If money was no object, I would hire a limo every day (driven by a model!).
genaddirollsroycephantom08-1.jpg

Last edited:

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
I wouldn't be able to give up driving everywhere. I get car sick and just love driving too much.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Tough call, daily drivers...

1989 Lambo Countach white 25th anniversary edition OR 71 'Cuda 440 6 pack with billboards

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
1970 or 71 Cuda with modern supercharged engine, 6 speed manual and upgraded suspension pro touring style.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Actually I think my #1 spot might actually be a truck I already had but fell asleep and rolled twice. It was a 96 f250 regular cab long bed rwd with the zf5 and the 300 6. I wouldn't mind the year or if it was 4x4. Always got 17mpg, could tow all I ever wanted, couldn't get a speeding ticket... only time I remember actually crying since I was alittle kid. Even drove it to the junkyard. I miss the vinyl bench seat and the world's most annoying door ajar alarm. Unless you could fit the 300/zf5 in the fc. That would be great.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
69 era AMX AMX 401 Gopak AT and air. I have always like that car. I drive either the Scrambler or one of the LJs as daily driver now. It depends on if the Scrambler is on the rack or the LJ, on or the other shares the garage with the Wife's LJ and I drive which I happen to have in there at the time.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
69 era AMX AMX 401 Gopak AT and air. I have always like that car. I drive either the Scrambler or one of the LJs as daily driver now. It depends on if the Scrambler is on the rack or the LJ, on or the other shares the garage with the Wife's LJ and I drive which I happen to have in there at the time.

Hoarder. [emoji12]

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
A custom built 4 door j truck with 8 foot bed like they never built and with two tone paint and razor grille 1977 the year I was born , and with a Cummins diesel. For a daily driver, yes I want something that big and a hauler , cause you never know what daily life brings. :bacon:

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
A custom built 4 door j truck with 8 foot bed like they never built and with two tone paint and razor grille 1977 the year I was born , and with a Cummins diesel. For a daily driver, yes I want something that big and a hauler , cause you never know what daily life brings. :bacon:

There's one kinda like that locally. Extended m715 cab, I think a military trailer for a bed on single wheeled rockwells with a Hercules multi fuel.