• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Diesel Lander

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Last trip to NC mountains, in late November 2021, lead to complete shut down and 124 mile tow trip to dealer. Ended up having the transmission valve body fail and with 4,500 miles seemed to make sense for dealer to fix given part is very expensive… well after frying three of them the dealer worked with Star to determine transmission wiring was too close to exhaust and needed to be replaced. So new transmission harness, fourth valve body and 50 days later back on the road.
1C39E8EB-A737-443A-AFC3-1BC2A7BD5152.jpeg

Last edited:

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Nothing like good ole modern electronics.
Yep and a heat producing diesel in a small space. The amount of heat Sheild is amazing… Seems wiring harness need clearance…

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I have been hearing more and more issues with these diesels. Sorry it bit you.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I have been hearing more and more issues with these diesels. Sorry it bit you.
Thanks, hoping this is a break in period and will have many years of service. My 2014 JKURx on tons was reliable and I could fix…

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Replacement tire carrier needed for offset and weight of new wheels and tires. Had to cut camera cover off old bracket. No camera on Cj8. Added new third brake light, and fabrication of light bracket. Might need to shorten and add some gussets… good shop day.
D2FC2726-89CE-4064-9488-0D1E3E70B884.jpegF4AB308A-FBCB-44BD-969C-735B7231D798.jpeg3964B306-3239-48D2-BCF9-B2A9AAF9E51A.jpeg

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
My buddy Mike has a 2021 with the V6 and 6 speed manual. It's been a great rig so far. He bought it new in Idaho and drove it back to Florida. He's got just over 20,000 miles on it thus far and it's been trouble-free. He's doing surprisingly well on fuel economy with the manual too; averaging a hair over 18 he told me.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
After a lot of research and patience we replaced the 2021 Diesel with a 2019, 3.6l gas engine, one-owner, clean carfax, with 45k miles.

I saved the parts off the Diesel and will be gradually adding onto to this new to me jeep with a new build thread coming, just got think of a title…

Quick photo getting blind spot mirrors, the first mod :)

1729AB28-1F97-4591-8F91-DE1EB6086E51.jpeg