• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory Photo's Thread

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
There were a TON of aftermarket attachments for the post WWII Jeep cj's. They were looked at as more of a farm implement then. I'm not an early CJ expert so I'm sure someone else has more info. I know a lot of them came with a PTO from the factory.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Where did they all go...?

So I gotta wonder just where did all these factory supported farm impliments and tools disappear to? As far as I can tell they made them from the 40s all the way through the 60s at least.?. And while they may not all be OSHA certified, Earth friendly, egronomically correct...they would still be kinda useful. I would love to have one of the saw mills that is powered off the MB/2A-3A whatever... They made thousands of these things but you just never see them anymore...I wonder why?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Actual Jeep "Factory" photo:
attachment.php

cchambers

Legacy Registered User
City
Sioux Falls
State
SD
Hay NO fair those CJs don't have rust holes in them from the factory.
They did come with factory rust holes right? LOL

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
My favorite Warn poster

I've been looking for this poster since 1984 when I was a teenager taking my 73 Bronco to a
4x4 shop, that I still go to.

He's had the Warn J Truck on cliff poster behind the coffee pot for that long, it's still there. It's old and torn and coffee and grease stained.
I compliment it every time I patronage and he said few years ago that I could have it....but it needs to stay there.

Anyway, as collector of Jeep related dealership & valuable papers, and owner of 2 FSJ's Trucks....
just traded some items and got this poster:

This one in NOS never hung so no tape or thumbtack holes.

photo186-1.jpg

photo185-1.jpg

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
CJ-5 tag axle camper

Dealership poster and introduction sales kit with camper options and pricing.

photo99-1.jpg

photo98-1.jpg

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
What a great thread! I love the way some of these threads never seem to die.

Tyre tread must have been an option on those early Renegades huh?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Interesting! I wish he showed the other side of it! I would like to know more about it!

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
That soft top does look like a world cab. Sure is tall...looks a bit awkward to me.

Cool pics! :thumbsup:

I have an old b&w from WWII of a Jeep parked in front of a B25. My dad flew 25's, and I'm a Jeep guy, so that photo holds a special place in my heart. Found the pic in one of those piles at an antique store shortly before my dad passed away.

2664090060041433204S600x600Q85.jpg

That picture appears to be Oahu. I was stationed out there in Kaneohe Bay for 6 years and when we flew you could see a couple old strips from WWII that are no longer used. One is on the way up to the North Shore just east of Turtle Bay resort, and was rumored to be an old B-25 strip. I believe that is where this picture was taken, looks very similar.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
No comments on the Chocolate brown Scrambler's front grill? Looks like a DJ that was cut?

Anyone ever seen the CJ-8 emblems? I can take a close up pic.

These photos are great. I especially like the early Scrambler photos and art from the OP. I wasn't able to see what the emblem was on the rear of the Laredo photo, but I suspect it is one that was never put into production. I'd like to see a close up pic. :)

In regards to the artists rendition of the chocolate-colored Scrambler in the OP's photos, the front grille did jump out at me as early Jeep, but I couldn't place it as a DJ type until you mentioned it. The biggest thing I noticed right off were the round rear wheel openings and I haven't seen that anyone has mentioned it yet.

Lastly, I like the full soft top and wonder why AMC never offered that option. I'd certainly enjoy browsing your Jeep literature library, Dennis.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Here's couple of NOS Red Jeep CJ ..... PG-13 rated Jeep posters... that I really like.

photo822-1.jpg

photo656-1.jpg

jeepnik

Legacy Registered User
City
san pedro
State
ca
Does anyone have a copy of the Jeep Scrambler ad from Playboy. It's why I bought mine.;)

Hey I was reading the ads, not looking at the pictures.:rotfl:

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
Here's another interesting photo of an early Scrambler that I recently located. I believe it to be an AMC marketing photo for the release of the new Scrambler. Three items that stand out are the hood graphic, the lever-style door handle and the single bolt supporting the rear side of the wood boards (so as to not interfere with the body graphics?).

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
pre-standardized Scrambler

Here's another interesting photo of an early Scrambler that I recently located. I believe it to be an AMC marketing photo for the release of the new Scrambler. Three items that stand out are the hood graphic, the lever-style door handle and the single bolt supporting the rear side of the wood boards (so as to not interfere with the body graphics?).

Nice find ! I've never seen that beach photo before.

Good observations, definately a pre-standardized Scrambler.

Along with your peculiar observations... note how high the rear tire carrier stop is mounted on the tub.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
...note how high the rear tire carrier stop is mounted on the tub.

Excellent observation, RM. I looked at that photo for more than a few minutes, and the tire stop location escaped my eye. Also, the beach shot is very similar to the photo posted in your initial post, and these two photos were likely taken at the same shoot. I studied your initial photo to see if they were of the same Scrambler, and wondered whether a glare off the hood may have concealed the hood graphic.

A few of your photos also show the single bolt anchoring the rear wood side boards. I see that your first photo could also show the higher location tire stop, but that might just be part of the boat trailer; although, that tire carrier stop in the above photo looks like it wraps the rear quarter panel a lot more than what became production, so your boat Scrambler may also display this anomaly.

Oh, and I also meant to note that the "Scrambler" font and size appears to be very similar to the "Laredo" font used on CJ's from that 1980-81 era, as shown below.

Last edited: