• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Firewall vin tag rivets-

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’m planning ahead and had a question on the firewall vin tag rivets. I seem to remember that they are regular rivets, and that the rivets on the vin tag behind the wiper motor are rosette rivets. I ordered enough rosette rivets to do the wiper vin tag, and now I’m second guessing myself. I looked on Google and most of the pics show regular rivets, but there’s the occasional outlier. Would a few of you mind checking yours and letting me know? Thanks!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Awesome! Thank you guys!

akajeepjim

Basic User
I just drilled off the VIN plate from the windshield frame on my neighbors project yesterday, and somehow it was the one thing that I didn't take a picture of, but in my minds eye it was a five lobed rosette rivet. On an 83 base model with what I don't doubt was the original windshield frame. But the firewall tag rivets are definitely round ones.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I just drilled off the VIN plate from the windshield frame on my neighbors project yesterday, and somehow it was the one thing that I didn't take a picture of, but in my minds eye it was a five lobed rosette rivet. On an 83 base model with what I don't doubt was the original windshield frame. But the firewall tag rivets are definitely round ones.
Thank you. I’m going with round on the firewall and the 3 rosettes on the windshield tag. I got 4 or the rosettes coming so I’m in good shape.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thank you. I’m going with round on the firewall and the 3 rosettes on the windshield tag. I got 4 or the rosettes coming so I’m in good shape.
Hey Randy where did you get the Rosettes from and can you post a pic of them? Thanks...and standard rivet gun? I imagine they have a very small stem

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Hey Randy where did you get the Rosettes from and can you post a pic of them? Thanks...and standard rivet gun? I imagine they have a very small stem
I got them off EBay…and they came out of Russia.
I haven’t installed them yet but the stem looks pretty standard. I have a couple different rivet guns, one has 4 different tips so I don’t anticipate any problems. 70607CBB-D32E-4857-AC2B-0522E2C127DA.jpegCBE092EC-3B61-452F-A11B-336DCB94A13A.jpeg

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I got them off EBay…and they came out of Russia.
I haven’t installed them yet but the stem looks pretty standard. I have a couple different rivet guns, one has 4 different tips so I don’t anticipate any problems. View attachment 96531View attachment 96532
Thanks Randy...those are spot on! I have seen them alot higher than that too other places...great link