Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Is the height really that much of an issue though even if it is a few inches higher than an LS? CJs have a lot of room height wise. Width is the thing to be more concerned about with swaps.

urchinhead

Basic User
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Is the height really that much of an issue though even if it is a few inches higher than an LS? CJs have a lot of room height wise. Width is the thing to be more concerned about with swaps.
I would just feel like a dummy if I bought an $8000 engine and the hood wouldn’t close!

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Lol, I hear you there. I'm just saying if it is within a few inches of an LS in height, you should be good. There is definitely room above my 5.3 in my Jeep.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
30 inches tall sounds mo betta. Just extrapolating the Procharger drawing, I'm seeing approximately 32 inches tip top of intake to bottom of sump, and approximately 21.5 inches center of crank to top of manifold.

urchinhead

Basic User
City
San Francisco
State
CA
I’m waiting to hear back from Ford Performance. The bellhousing maker is on board for mating the two together.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Is there adequate pilot bearing provision on the crank? Most of the forums seem to stall at that aspect, and I've yet to find a definitive answer with so few 7.3's actually in builders circulation. I suppose worst case a custom flywheel and/or spacer could be made to house the pilot bearing, like the B-Series Cummins (bearing in the flywheel). Something to maybe consider with the bellhousing maker in case they need to build in more spacing...might even just be able to do a simple adapter spacer in that case and keep the NV bell. Although, I'd prefer a whole new bellhousing to adapt to external, twist lock slave and wraparound fork.

urchinhead

Basic User
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Is there adequate pilot bearing provision on the crank? Most of the forums seem to stall at that aspect, and I've yet to find a definitive answer with so few 7.3's actually in builders circulation. I suppose worst case a custom flywheel and/or spacer could be made to house the pilot bearing, like the B-Series Cummins (bearing in the flywheel). Something to maybe consider with the bellhousing maker in case they need to build in more spacing...might even just be able to do a simple adapter spacer in that case and keep the NV bell. Although, I'd prefer a whole new bellhousing to adapt to external, twist lock slave and wraparound fork.
I heard back from Ford Performance regarding the control pack. It will be out later this year, and I should be able to get info in a couple weeks.

I inquired about the pilot bearing provision of the crankshaft, and I will post as soon as I hear back.

City
San Francisco
State
CA
I heard back from Ford Performance regarding the control pack. It will be out later this year, and I should be able to get info in a couple weeks.

I inquired about the pilot bearing provision of the crankshaft, and I will post as soon as I hear back.
From Ford Performance - the pilot bearing machining in the crank is identical to the Coyote motor.