• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Found One Owner Scrambler

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Found it today while working-talked to the owner and found out that he bought it new-It has two flats but runs,has a T-176 tranny,sheet metal is pretty straight excepet for one ding in the rear quater-Now if i can just convince him that it's in his way and he'd be better off with some cash in his hands than that "old" jeep taking up space in his driveway:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I was told he didn't want to sell and that he was going to fix it up:( But maybe he will mention it to his wife and maybe she will convince him that he needs to SELL IT TO ME!-JC;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Hah, that was ME a couple years ago JC!!!:D
Truely, while "that thing on blocks in the driveway" sat & accumulated rust & dust dozens of people offered to take it off my hands, notes were left on it, etc
Finally I'm almost ready to put a plate on it & prove all those nay sayers wrong!!
When I do that [vanity plate] I'm going to have a poll here of several plates I'm thinking of & let the board help me decide ;) :p :D

Last edited:

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
JC,

I ran into one myself, only this one was on the road. We saw it sitting in the parking area at the movie theater in Evergreen. It was pretty rough though. They were seemingly in the same movie as us because I talked to the guy when we came out.

A yellow '82 with 258 and an Automatic with 2.73's.......yep an auto. The guy said when he first bought "new" in '82 he wanted an auto and they had a hard time finding one for him, according to him the autos were pretty rare and this is the first "stock" one I've seen. With a tired 258, 2.73's and an auto I wondered how it could even move.

He was swearing the ever elusive "fix up" as well...........lol.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
But it was calling me,I heard it talk to me!

I here ya Bro,this thing is "STRAIGHT" with only one little rust bubble on the side of the bed-And guess what-IT'S RED WITH A BLACK TOP AND BLACK INTERIOR!
;) ;) ;) :D -JC

jones24442

Deep Sea J-8
City
Kingston
State
WA
I found mine in Bremerton, Wa a couple of years ago. Retired sailor, bought it new in 1983, heading for the Phillipines. Bone stock, 92,000 original miles, he rebuilt the 4.2 & the T-176 before he decided not to take it with him. I saw the ad on my way home from the airport, called my wife, she met me with cash (and much trepidation)javascript:smilie(':rolleyes:')
roll eyes (sarcastic) on the way to the guy's house. I handed him the money,($3,500)javascript:smilie(':D')
big grin and I swear 4 guys showed up in the next 20 minutes. The sailor boy thought about backing out when two of the other guys tried to start a bidding war, but he was a right honorable fellow Chief. Not much stock on it now!!