• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Full Top Refurb

orange150

Basic User
City
Fairfax
State
VA
I’m finally going to refurb my hardtop in the next few weeks. Any tips and tricks from others who have done there’s?

For paint I’m just going to spray bomb the outside and roll on killz on the inside (same I did for the half cab).

For the cab lights I’m going to remove and clean them as best I can and paint with some chrome color paint. I’ll use weatherpac connectors for the wiring back to the harness.

I replaced the struts on the lift gate a few years ago.

For the handle on the lift gate, I bought one a few years ago but the roll pin that holds the assembly together got in the way of it fitting. Is there a specific handle to buy? I cut down the roll pin so it would fit in the hole, but of course now there’s nothing holding the handle assembly together.

IMG_6458.jpeg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What brand top is it? Usually posting a picture of the hatch can help identify the brand if you don't know.

orange150

Basic User
City
Fairfax
State
VA
You may have to trim the rod to fit.
I'll run to HD and check it out, but I bet it's the exact same one I have. I'll snag some pics of the fitment with the roll pin this weekend.. hopefully. Kids soccer is crushing my free time.

orange150

Basic User
City
Fairfax
State
VA
Still haven’t pulled the top down. Weather was bad now work is crazy.

Next question though, where can I buy this striker plate for the rear hatch?
IMG_6495.jpeg

orange150

Basic User
City
Fairfax
State
VA
Received some OE CJ7 striker plates. Interesting how similar yet different they are to my plate.

IMG_0022.jpeg