• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Genright rear body armor order

aeromech

Basic User
City
Corinth
State
MS
I reached out to GenRight about their aluminum rear body armor. They have discontinued them but would run a limited run of 10. This would be for blanks with attachment holes cut but it would be up to the installer to cut the wheel openings. The prices is $1000.00 plus tax and shipping. I will take two of them but would need the remaining orders. I have a new MD Juan tube and have decided this is the only way to straighten it up. Unfortunately much of the faults in the sides of the tub cannot be remedied by just cutting spot welds. The rear bed section was installed two wide and causes bulges in the sides. This require a ton of filler to bring the upper and lower sections flush with the bulges. I also didn't really want the added weight of steels ones. On another note if any one knows of another shop that can fab some radius blanks out of aluminum I'm more than capable of drilling attachment holes and cutting it to fit. Thanks Clay

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I believe there is another company making them. Not a company I am familiar with, I think I saw it in a Facebook CJ8 group.
I would love a set but can can't justify that type of money.

aeromech

Basic User
City
Corinth
State
MS
Just received another email from Keith from GR. He said they could do an order of 5 but the price could be as much as $1200.00 per set. Barrys, I believe I've seen them but I believe they are steal. If anyone is interest just let me know. He said the sooner we got an order in the better. Regards Clay

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
Lewes
State
DE
How far do you need the armor to go from the rear corner forward on the body? I have a set I purchased off eBay many years ago and never used. Also, there are other companies that sell aluminum armor for other body styles. If they are sellers only or actual fabrication shops would be something to look into.

DBurnum

City
Evergreen
State
CO
Just received another email from Keith from GR. He said they could do an order of 5 but the price could be as much as $1200.00 per set. Barrys, I believe I've seen them but I believe they are steal. If anyone is interest just let me know. He said the sooner we got an order in the better. Regards Clay
How many orders have you got? I've been looking for a set. Thanks - Dallas