Grommet between roll bar & seat belt shoulder strap

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
i really cant tell from the pics...you might try some 7/16 bolts...I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong...anything is possible with a jeep

dubs1856

Legacy Registered User
Thank you. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to go to the larger bolt for strength or something. I will see if I can find some 7/16's bolts that will work before I drill and tap the roll bar. Thank's again for your help and sending the kit.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
i did some searching and found some threads where the bolt was talked about being 7/16 Could be that mine got stripped and someone drilled it out and tapped it to a larger size.

dubs1856

Legacy Registered User
i did some searching and found some threads where the bolt was talked about being 7/16 Could be that mine got stripped and someone drilled it out and tapped it to a larger size.
My threads look pretty beat up so maybe it is best and safest for me to drill and re-tap them for your 1/2 x 20 bolt.

I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong

I was supposed to get bolts??

kimsanva

Rocket Scientist
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong

I was supposed to get bolts??
I just made rubber gaskets on body washers for the roof pass-through, cut the bushings to fit, and bought bolts...and I'm a happy, greatful camper for the bushings :)

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Gee, I wish I had bolt holes in my roll bar - I'd get some too! The top has the flat spots for the seatbelts.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700

Speters

Scrambler Rookie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Hi Scott,

Any chance you still have a set of the cab/roll bar grommets? If so, I will be glad to pay your going price and shipping. I can send it via PayPal if preferred.

Thanks! Scott Peters 918-638-3377