• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Grommet between roll bar & seat belt shoulder strap

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
i really cant tell from the pics...you might try some 7/16 bolts...I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong...anything is possible with a jeep

dubs1856

Legacy Registered User
City
San Marcos
State
Ca
Thank you. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to go to the larger bolt for strength or something. I will see if I can find some 7/16's bolts that will work before I drill and tap the roll bar. Thank's again for your help and sending the kit.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
i did some searching and found some threads where the bolt was talked about being 7/16 Could be that mine got stripped and someone drilled it out and tapped it to a larger size.

dubs1856

Legacy Registered User
City
San Marcos
State
Ca
i did some searching and found some threads where the bolt was talked about being 7/16 Could be that mine got stripped and someone drilled it out and tapped it to a larger size.

My threads look pretty beat up so maybe it is best and safest for me to drill and re-tap them for your 1/2 x 20 bolt.

WOJO 1

Basic User
City
Sparks
State
NV
I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong

I was supposed to get bolts??

kimsanva

Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
City
Greenbackville
State
VA
I have sent out about 100 sets of these and nobody has ever mentioned that the bolts i sent were wrong

I was supposed to get bolts??

I just made rubber gaskets on body washers for the roof pass-through, cut the bushings to fit, and bought bolts...and I'm a happy, greatful camper for the bushings :)

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Gee, I wish I had bolt holes in my roll bar - I'd get some too! The top has the flat spots for the seatbelts.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700

Speters

Scrambler Rookie
Lifetime Member
City
Bixby
State
OK
Hi Scott,

Any chance you still have a set of the cab/roll bar grommets? If so, I will be glad to pay your going price and shipping. I can send it via PayPal if preferred.

Thanks! Scott Peters 918-638-3377