• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

hood decal

luckypenny

Basic User
City
georgetown
State
tx
anyone know where I can find the scrambler hood decals in the shadow look that were similar to originals? All the decals I find are just basic black lettering - need something close to the original look decals

luckypenny

Basic User
City
georgetown
State
tx
thanks but it looks like they only carry Renegade stuff - did not see any Scrambler decals - the search goes on

sanderson9

Scrambler Virgin
City
Coral Gables
State
FL
Try here

I saw this link from ktg001, in response to your previous post on this question (1/9/07) ;) . I followed the link, and found this:

http://www.goldeneagledecals.com/renegade.html

Scroll down, you'll see a tan scrambler w/ original looking decals. The site says they have several different colors.

Check that Phoenix Graphics link again, and scroll down under the Jeeps section. They have 3 types of Scrambler decals.

Please let us know which you choose and how they turn out...

Last edited:

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Also try Collins Brothers. They are expensive, but often they have stuff.

Carl

luckypenny

Basic User
City
georgetown
State
tx
Thanks - I went back to Phoenix and you are right there are some there- the other site is Austin Jeeps and I had already talked with them - they do not have the Scrambler decal in stock - one of the problems is I am just wanting the hood decal but most all of these are kits that include the side decals too and they run over $300 including Collins Bros. - may end up having to get the kit though to get what I want - I also need another opinion - my jeep is fire engine red with black half hard top and stainless grill, bumpers, etc. Would the silver decals look ok with this set up? I would prefer black but again I have not been able to find the original look decal in black - they are all offered in silver, nutmeg, orange, etc.

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
I purchased mine from Collins Bros. I called and all I wanted was the hood decals and that wasn't a problem. I bought them several months ago and I think I paid 150.00 for them. They are not 3-M so the quality was good not great in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong they look good still. Just my luck a few days later I meet someone that had there decals made at a local sign shop for half the cost and they look the same. Try a local sign shop also.
Hope this helps

luckypenny

Basic User
City
georgetown
State
tx
that is a good idea - I will check with a local sign shop - I did talk with Phoenix graphics and they will sell just the hood decals for $89 and the entire kit for $299 - they have in two shades of silver - I have to figure out if that look will be ok on top of red with black accents - I think with all the chrome on the jeep that the silver may work fine

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
Go to a sign shop. I have had several sets made and sold them to other members here on this site. Here is a link to the ones I sold:
http://jeeps.hallbergs.com/decals.htm

You could easily get two colors laid on top of each other to match the look of factory originals.

Later-

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Have your local dealer run a search. For the Laredo hood decal in silver the part #'s are:
19811-1984 outlined silver
5760508- right
5760509- left
---
Best of luck.
Kyle