• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

ISO “Type B” sliding rear window

Beachn8

City
Berlin
State
Md
Hi all,

I’m looking for the aftermarket slider rear window for the half top. Sounds like the “type b” (what I have) isn’t produced anymore. Its a little different than typical rectangle shape. Like 4” radius corners at the bottom and the sides are slightly angled. Please help if you can!

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I also noticed recently that the type b window doesn't seem to be available any more. If you can't find one I wonder how hard it would be to modify your hardtop window opening to work with the type a rear window assembly.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL

Beachn8

City
Berlin
State
Md
I also noticed recently that the type b window doesn't seem to be available any more. If you can't find one I wonder how hard it would be to modify your hardtop window opening to work with the type a rear window assembly.
I think the opening I have might be bigger than the type A but I was thinking about getting new side glass cut??

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Type “A”? Type “B”? Is there a year cutoff or an early/late designation?

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
I would think the change came about from the seat belts moving from lap belts to 3 point ones so must of been when the roll bar changed, so 82/83ish i would imagine.
Gr8 tops have a great template so you can check which window type you have, especially if you have a second hand top and do not know.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL

CATALOG NUMBER DESCRIPTION
TSW1852 CRL Duo-Vent Four Panel Slider with Clear Glass for 1981-March 1983 Jeep Scrambler

CATALOG NUMBER DESCRIPTION
TSW1859 CRL Duo-Vent Four Panel Slider with Clear Glass for March 1983-1986 Jeep Scrambler

Beachn8

City
Berlin
State
Md
I would think the change came about from the seat belts moving from lap belts to 3 point ones so must of been when the roll bar changed, so 82/83ish i would imagine.
Gr8 tops have a great template so you can check which window type you have, especially if you have a second hand top and do not know.
When I spoke to the guy at Gr8Tops, he said there wasn’t a correlation between years and types. What you’re saying makes better sense. Mine is an ‘84.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH

If I recall, it was definitely 81 and most of 82... 83 sounds late, but perhaps the early 83.
The opening in the back is slightly different and 81 at least don't have holes for 3 pt. seat belts.

cb

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I bought one from Collins Bros about 10 years ago. This particular top was for an 84 with seatbelt holes. They originally sent me the earlier slider and it wouldn’t fit the top. They swapped it out and it fit fine. They may still have both versions

Beachn8

City
Berlin
State
Md
Yep mine is like yours, but they stopped manufacturing these type. I ordered one from carid.com—they found one collecting dust somewhere.

City
auburn
State
ca
Just finished putting mine in. Acme gasket and window from Collins jeep they have 1 left as of last week.

In total I have 500+ just in a sliding window ? but I need it asap and it was a must to finish my build.

Attachments

• 20200205_160013.jpg
    20200205_160013.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200205_160009.jpg
    20200205_160009.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200209_122713.jpg
    20200209_122713.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39