• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jamboree #180

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Very cool. How did you print a "decal"? What did you use? I'd love to make some.

I created the image in photoshop and then printed it on clear adhesive backed paper. Basically I made a sticker.

PM me your email and I will send you the Jpeg, at that point just print at 1 to 1 scale.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Well here is the completed #180.25. Its a little rough and I am still not completely happy with the decal material. The model itself is just okay, the roll bar is terrible, I am trying to find a fix for it. But it was fun to do and looks good on the shelf in my office.

forum
[/URL][/IMG]

20160404_090543.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160404_090603.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
No visible spot welds??? Big negative...

Just kidding!! Looks great and I'm sure it was fun to do!!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Models aren't always really accurate. But this one isn't bad at all. Looks Nice. You did a great job making a Jamboree.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Well here is the completed #180.25. Its a little rough and I am still not completely happy with the decal material. The model itself is just okay, the roll bar is terrible, I am trying to find a fix for it. But it was fun to do and looks good on the shelf in my office.

forum
[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice.

On the decals, not sure what material you used, this guy uses 'Decal Film'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIKNzzCxsE

Like was already mentioned, only a purist would find fault.
I see a Jamboree.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
I am going to look into the decal sheet, these that I did are not holding up well.

Also, I noticed the 82jambo site has got some new life. It looks like they are trying to update it and become active again.

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
Also, I noticed the 82jambo site has got some new life. It looks like they are trying to update it and become active again.

This is correct. I've been in contact with the owner of the site and am currently in the midst of updating and correcting the information on the site.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Added another piece to the puzzle. A very well done reproduction of the original tire cover. Thank you Ray Chavez at ABC signs in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
20160509_1712421.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
Ray's repros are spot on down to the color. And its nice that he can do larger covers to fit 31s or larger.

Jambo#401

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Okeechobee
State
Fl
Basically the hardware is all the same, but I had some blind luck also. For instance, the TJ hardware slips into a tube at the top of the windshield, where the CJ/YJ has a little twist connect, but I happen to find in junk ben two windshield pieces the received the TJ part, like I said, blind lucky. But for all intents and purposes its the same.

The biggest difference between the TJ and the CJ was the width of the hard plastic strip at the bottom edge of the windows and corners that hooks into the railing that mounts to the tub. On a TJ that railing is built into the tub and is a lot deeper than the mounted hardware pieces for CJ/YJ, so I had to trim about 1/4" off the length of the plastic strip to make it work.

Now, I didn't do this because I thought it would be better, I did it because I had a new one with tinted windows and saved money by making it work, verses paying $600 bucks for a new one. The fact the gave better coverage over the doors was a bonus.

20160125_174157.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good Morning! I just got Jambo #401 about 2 weeks ago and want to replace the soft top and like the idea of the TJ top install, 1. for the extra overhang and 2. more selections on tops. I want to get all new hardware as well. Would you suggest hardware for CJ or TJ? I like the design of the snap connector at the top of the windshield vs the twist lock as it digs into the roll bar pad in the down position when snapped into the holder.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Ray's repros are spot on down to the color. And its nice that he can do larger covers to fit 31s or larger.

Can he add the Jeep logo to a Bestop cover?

I always wanted the old school spare cover that just had the Jeep logo on it, but they only fit a 215 tire so won't fit my 31's.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Good Morning! I just got Jambo #401 about 2 weeks ago and want to replace the soft top and like the idea of the TJ top install, 1. for the extra overhang and 2. more selections on tops. I want to get all new hardware as well. Would you suggest hardware for CJ or TJ? I like the design of the snap connector at the top of the windshield vs the twist lock as it digs into the roll bar pad in the down position when snapped into the holder.

Basically you just buy the TJ kit, framework and all. You have to get CJ windshield header channel and the tub channels that the top hooks into. The challenge is the doors. The hardware kit for the TJ doors does not work with a CJ, so you have to buy the CJ two piece doors. They do not make CJ doors in the "diamond" fabric, so they don't match exactly.

Please realize that it is a retro fit and you have to drill new holes, trim the plastic channel piece at the bottom the windows and mix match hardware to make it work. Honestly, if you are buying new, save yourself the trouble and buy a CJ top. I only did this because I already had the TJ top.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Can he add the Jeep logo to a Bestop cover?

I always wanted the old school spare cover that just had the Jeep logo on it, but they only fit a 215 tire so won't fit my 31's.

I don't see why not, he is a full service print shop.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Basically you just buy the TJ kit, framework and all. You have to get CJ windshield header channel and the tub channels that the top hooks into. The challenge is the doors. The hardware kit for the TJ doors does not work with a CJ, so you have to buy the CJ two piece doors. They do not make CJ doors in the "diamond" fabric, so they don't match exactly.

Please realize that it is a retro fit and you have to drill new holes, trim the plastic channel piece at the bottom the windows and mix match hardware to make it work. Honestly, if you are buying new, save yourself the trouble and buy a CJ top. I only did this because I already had the TJ top.

I just realized which Jambo you purchased. Number 401 out of Florida, right. It has all the CJ hardware pieces you need, so buying the TJ top should replace the pieces you want to replace. You will have to drill different mounting holes if you use the TJ frame work and still trim 1/4" off the plastic strips at the bottom of the windows.

Jambo#401

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Okeechobee
State
Fl
Yes Sir.. out of Florida.. I live in Okeechobee and bought it in Orlando.. Do you know any history on #401? Any info would be great. As far as the soft top, the driver side rear tension bare that slides up the forward facing hoop has a barb that suppose to go in one of the holes. Well it is bent to the point that it will not engage into the hole. It had a small screw in the hole and the barb was wedged on top of it. This why I was just going to replace the hardware. So, would you suggest getting original hardware and the TJ repalcement top? to save from having from redrilling new holes? But the TJ hardware will work, right?

Thanks!

Jambo#401

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Okeechobee
State
Fl
Sorry for the questions in my last post.. I did not see this post from you. But any info on #401 would be greatly appreciated..

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Yes Sir.. out of Florida.. I live in Okeechobee and bought it in Orlando.. Do you know any history on #401? Any info would be great. As far as the soft top, the driver side rear tension bare that slides up the forward facing hoop has a barb that suppose to go in one of the holes. Well it is bent to the point that it will not engage into the hole. It had a small screw in the hole and the barb was wedged on top of it. This why I was just going to replace the hardware. So, would you suggest getting original hardware and the TJ repalcement top? to save from having from redrilling new holes? But the TJ hardware will work, right?

Thanks!

The replacement TJ top should fit on the CJ Hardware. Try bending the little tab back to see if it will engage again. The TJ tops use a plastic piece for the little hoop that slides, so if you can save the metal one, that is better.

Contact Eric over at the 82Jambo website, he might have some info. His email is listed on the site. He also is on this forum.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
I am going to hi-jack my own post and post an update on my Grand Wag. It has new paint and just looks fantastic.

20160610_165927.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160610_170153.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160610_170310.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mine and my Dads 83 Cherokee

20160611_180623.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]