• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jamboree #180

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Hello to all over here at the coolest jeep ever built forum. Even though I don't have a Scrambler yet, its on the bucket list, I am here to post up pictures here of my newly acquired Jamboree #180. I have previously owned #211 and have regretted letting it go, so in a weak moment looking thru craigslist, I found a replacement. #211 is on the now resurrected registry, I am proud to add #180 and a parted out rusty barn find #633.

Here are some pics of #180. As with all new jeep purchases (and as I found out on JF) there are some things not correct. The windshield frame is an aftermarket replacement, most likely due to an accident that involved the drivers side. Also the top snaps are not in the correct position. I have yet to understand this one. My fear was that it was a replacement tub, but there is no evidence to support that.

So here is the plan. She is in excellent condition so I will be doing a nice frame on refurbish. I have taking everything off of it currently to give it a new paint job. I know the pictures make it look great but the drivers side suffered from a poor repaint when it was repaired.

I will keep you posted as it progresses.

forum

forum

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Nice looking Jamboree! The snaps may be off for a few reasons - most likely they added an aftermarket top later on in the Jeep's history (Kayline or BestTop) and the original Whitco snaps no longer lined up with the replacement. Another option is that this Jeep came originally with a hard top and the soft top was added later on by a PO.

Mine also has duplicate snaps from a later top being retrofitted.

Your seats look great from the pictures. Originals or replacements?

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Looks nice. Have a few Jambos here so you should have some company.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Welcome! Nice Jambo! Can't wait to see it as you redo it!

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Welcome Heath,

When restoring, weld up the old antenna hole. I've got a template for correct location.

Nice Jambo & I spy correct tow hooks

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Thanks for the nice welcome. There seems to be an added level of interest in the jamboree here on the cj8 forum vs. JF so it's great to be here.

So to respond to the comments.

As far as the snaps. I thought about the hardtop option but there are no door latch pins for the hard doors and no evidence they were ever there and no evidence that the snaps were ever mounted down the sides. But after pulling the carpets there is topaz gold in every nook and cranny so it has to be the original tub. Oh well, I am filling all the holes and letting it go.

The seats are original which is just awesome. It is the main item that really sealed the deal for me.

Thanks for the welcome Dennis.

If it didn't originally come with the CB would the antenna hole be wrong, help me out here. The original brochure shows it in this position but with a black base. But all the ones I've seen (except for the one recently bought in Colorado) have had chrome bases.

And yes those are original hooks. I was pleasantly surprised as I was getting ready to pull them off.

I am hoping to have it ready for for the Henderson show on the 14th.

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
If it didn't originally come with the CB would the antenna hole be wrong, help me out here. The original brochure shows it in this position but with a black base. But all the ones I've seen (except for the one recently bought in Colorado) have had chrome bases

It's an AMC.... The antenna could have been in the cowl. Lol.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
It's an AMC.... The antenna could have been in the cowl. Lol.

That's the same thought regarding the misplaced snaps. It was a late Friday afternoon and the snap guy had flashback to 1978 and put the snaps in the wrong place. 30 minutes later he was enjoying a cold beer at bar in Toledo.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Just one other note. The passenger side pictured has the original dealer sticker on it. It was originally sold at Kohl Auto group in Nebraska. If anyone knows anything about this dealer that would be great.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Thanks for the nice welcome. There seems to be an added level of interest in the jamboree here on the cj8 forum vs. JF so it's great to be here..

Yep, all the purists are here, lol. Some of the guys here can point out an unoriginal valve cover bolt.

So to respond to the comments.

As far as the snaps. I thought about the hardtop option but there are no door latch pins for the hard doors and no evidence they were ever there and no evidence that the snaps were ever mounted down the sides. But after pulling the carpets there is topaz gold in every nook and cranny so it has to be the original tub. Oh well, I am filling all the holes and letting it go.

What's the dash pad look like? Cut for wing windows or are the ends all the way out?

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Yep, all the purists are here, lol. Some of the guys here can point out an unoriginal valve cover bolt.

What's the dash pad look like? Cut for wing windows or are the ends all the way out?

The dash pad is all the way out.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
So after pulling the carpets and stripping all the stuff off for paint, this is what I found. It was very well taken care of over its life time.

20151103_091551.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091600.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091602.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091606.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091608.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091707.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151103_091717.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
Welcome over to CJ-8. I'll get you added to the registry shortly after things at work calm down a bit.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Welcome over to CJ-8. I'll get you added to the registry shortly after things at work calm down a bit.

Thank you sir. I still have not been able to view the registry, but that sounds like a system glitch that is out of everyone's control. Hopefully it will be worked out shortly.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Okay Jeep Guru's I have a little problem and I need opinions. I have gotten the Jambo painted, unfortunately the color is not correct. This became painfully obvious when compared to the original paint found inside the tub.

So what to do. The paint was mixed per the formula for Topaz gold, but as we all know that's not always going to be spot on. I was out of town and did not catch it till it was done.

So the question. Is it good enough (because it is a nice shade) or do I have it redone?

20151110_155042.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Paint the inside of the tub. It looks beautiful. It's not going to the Pebble Beach Conours 'd Elegance. You like the color. Colors fade. Mabe the inside of the tub is faded or the clear is turned yellow. Maybe it is the right color.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Well the "Topaz" in this color really shows up in the sunlight. So now its time to assemble. Hopefully I will have it ready for the show on Saturday.

20151112_095305.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151112_095426.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]