• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep Invasion- Pigeon Forge

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
How many are going to make it to the Jeep Invasion in August in Pigeon Forge, TN. August 24th thru the 26th. We plan on getting there on the 23rd and leave on the 27th.

344320581_100717693026214_4935768925374119085_n.jpg

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
I plan going unless work has me out of town.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Per Jody Abbott, the "old CJ" meet area will be at the Norma Dan motel. Near the Cracker Barrel on the right heading to G'burg.

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Bring your cool clothes because it’s hot here!!

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
As always great time in pigeon Forge. Amazing jeeps everywhere.
None better than the CJ group.
I’m sure others have better pictures than mine
First the scramblers lined up and the 5s and 7s looked ready roll.
Great group of Jeeps
IMG_6983.jpegIMG_6987.jpegIMG_6989.jpegIMG_6997.jpeg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Great group photos!

I have to ask though: "Ready to roll"... to do what? Go park in a lot at the show?

I am still scratching my head over this show and its popularity. Is there any actual Jeeping? Day trips? Trail riding?

Even the industry people I know (and there are a lot) just don't understand and "hate this show." And that's a direct quote I've received more than once.

Multiple reports on how far/long traffic was backed up, standing in line for more than two hours to get in (while leaving a Jeep parked in a parking lot!), wait times at restaurants and then I think the "big" Scrambler gatherings are in a hotel parking lot, right? This photo is on the hotel lawn?

Then there's the sea of angry grille Wranglers and the other insanity that's out there all over social media that you have to wade through... and this stuff is every single year, it only seems to get worse.

I get seeing other Scramblers, I get hanging out with other (great!) Scrambler people, but that can happen ANYWHERE in something better than a parking lot. Why are people doing this show and putting up with all this?

What am I missing??? I feel like I have to be missing something???

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I watched the video loop 4 times in about 20-30 seconds and started to feel dizzy. I’m not into lines as it is, so I don’t do those anymore. I don’t even like a line for a good restaurant anymore. 10 - 20 minutes and I’m done.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I watched the video loop 4 times in about 20-30 seconds and started to feel dizzy. I’m not into lines as it is, so I don’t do those anymore. I don’t even like a line for a good restaurant anymore. 10 - 20 minutes and I’m done.
I don't even think that video really scratched the surface, based on photos I saw on social media.

Someone who went posted on FB that they were literally in it for over two hours. Two hours. To go into a tradeshow...

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Great group photos!

I have to ask though: "Ready to roll"... to do what? Go park in a lot at the show?

I am still scratching my head over this show and it's popularity. Is there any actual Jeeping? Day trips? Trail riding?

Even the industry people I know (and there are a lot) just don't understand and "hate this show." And that's a direct quote I've received more than once.

Multiple reports on how far/long traffic was backed up, standing in line for more than two hours to get in (while leaving a Jeep parked in a parking lot!), wait times at restaurants and then I think the "big" Scrambler gatherings are in a hotel parking lot, right? This photo is on the hotel lawn?

Then there's the sea of angry grille Wranglers and the other insanity that's out there all over social media that you have to wade through... and this stuff is every single year, it only seems to get worse.

I get seeing other Scramblers, I get hanging out with other (great!) Scrambler people, but that can happen ANYWHERE in something better than a parking lot. Why are people doing this show and putting up with all this?

What am I missing??? I feel like I have to be missing something???
Well you have some valid points on this event. Traffic is horrible/ we don’t eat at the restaurants so non issue for me . The group cooked on a huge grill for everyone. Wife and I drove thru the mountains Friday and Saturday. Yes paved roads. And in the evening we sat along the road socializing and watching the continuous stream of Jeeps. Definitely not many things you can buy at the event for scramblers unless you want lights or flags.
It’s definitely not the same as the national scrambler events. The national In Pennsylvania was a great trip and so was Colorado.still upset we didn’t get to make sand blast this year.
To me this is more of an evening Jeep show scattered up and down the street. And all the scramblers and CJs there spent a lot of time making their Jeeps amazing sometimes it’s nice just to let others look at them. It’s quite nice when you’re riding down the road and pull up to the guy that has his gladiator or JK or wrangler thinking it’s all that . And when he looks over and sees an awesome scrambler or 5 or 7 you can just see in his eyes what he wishes he had. Plus for me anything I get to go do with my wife is always great

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I totally get the people piece and having a great time with your wife!

The rest, I simply can't understand why it wouldn't be better to do something away from all the insanity. I have no need whatsoever to impress JK people. (Of course my junk wouldn't impress most anyone.)

I have now seen that there was some sort of obstacle course thing, but it said that 4WD "may" be required and I have yet to see one of those that I would consider waiting in line or paying for... Notably, I haven't seen a single photo FROM that course anywhere.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I am still scratching my head over this show and its popularity. Is there any actual Jeeping? Day trips? Trail riding?
Here's one that actually has trail rides and courses, along with the usual show and shines:

@Oakley this appears to be in your neck of the woods, have you been to it?

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Here's one that actually has trail rides and courses, along with the usual show and shines:

Lol that Jeep fest right there is the whole reason I gave my scrambler to my wife. She had a Toyota like back to the future and was mad she couldn’t go to the Jeep fest events with her girlfriend. She was on her way to go buy a JK!! I couldn’t let that happen so I gave her mine. She had not seen it in 5 years and was unaware of how nice I made it.all that was left was paint

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
This event is probably only 20 miles from my office. I know it’s every Labor Day. No idea if there is another

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

I’ve been to that. It’s actually pretty cool. The mud pit was fun to watch.