Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Meh...

I hate 4-door trucks (4-door anything really, but thats just me).

Would they really be in prototype stage still for a 2017 model? They're probably already rolling 2017 JKs off the assembly line by now.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Meh...

Would they really be in prototype stage still for a 2017 model? They're probably already rolling 2017 JKs off the assembly line by now.
I like 2 door extended cabs myself, but with a family I just end up in a 4 door. I had a 2 door truck and it just didn't have enough room once it was more than myself. Man, family members take lots of room.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Please note, before people start complaining like all over social media, that it's clearly a RAM bed they grabbed to throw on there for testing as seen by the enormous wheel wells that don't align with the axle.

Interesting that it's a crew cab, now the question is if they'll also do a standard cab.

Also interesting use of the hub caps to hide the axle bolt count/bearing setup.
It is funny what people will complain about. You cannot take anything from the body of this test vehicle and believe it will be ANYTHING like what will actually be produced. I'd venture to guess this is purely a drivetrain/suspension/electronics test mule. The body parts/canvas stuff is there only to hide what they don't want you to see yet. Most of those people complaining have already gone back to playing Pokemon Go.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Meh...

I think I saw that they are already call it the 2018 model. So a year delay before the truck version comes out.