• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Just getting started-again

tcn426

Basic User
City
Minneapolis
State
mn
Getting back to the restoration and have a few questions:
1. What brand of brake/fuel lines would be recommended?
2, Plastic or steel fuel tank?
3. At this point I am planning on running the stock 258 but was thinking of possibly using a Holley fuel injection system versus a carburetor?
Thank you,

Attachments

• 20200108_195555 (1).jpg
    20200108_195555 (1).jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 9

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I got my Inline Tube lines while they were having a sale. I haven't installed them yet but they look great.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Inline tubes here as well.

I jumped up to the 20g poly tank, and I'm glad I did.

I like fuel injection, but also prefer the simplicity of a nice manual choke, so fuel delivery is a toss-up for me.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
When moving to 20 gallons does it reuse rollover valve and liquid check valve like 15 gallon? Or are they built into tank top?

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Inline tubes here as well.

I jumped up to the 20g poly tank, and I'm glad I did.

I like fuel injection, but also prefer the simplicity of a nice manual choke, so fuel delivery is a toss-up for me.
With fuel injection you’ll soon forget about a choke.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
When moving to 20 gallons does it reuse rollover valve and liquid check valve like 15 gallon? Or are they built into tank top?
They're built in, but you still need to route a line to the charcoal canister or find another way to vent.

With fuel injection you’ll soon forget about a choke.
It's funny, though, I've been injected in one form or another for 8 years now, and the current CEL headaches often having me wishing for something simpler. The one I can't seem to get rid of is p0101 - I feel like there's either a leak I can't track down or the air filter I have is starving the engine for air. It only pops up when I engine brake or have it above 3K RPM for too long.

tcn426

Basic User
City
Minneapolis
State
mn
Thanks for all of the information, was also thinking of going disc brakes in the rear any recommendations?