• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Laredo grab bars

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Finally got to put on my new steering wheel the other night on the CJ7... it feels great when driving... sorry, no comparison picture of the previous one, but the leather was worn and shiny and slippery... this has a much nicer softer feel to it.

Thanks again!

20180508_174650_resized.jpg

Late 8

Basic User
City
Prosper
State
Tx
Kim,
Working to restore a Laredo nutmeg interior grab bar and black leather steering wheel! What do you have available and what is cost?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Kim,
Working to restore a Laredo nutmeg interior grab bar and black leather steering wheel! What do you have available and what is cost?
I've got the nutmeg grab bar. I have a black looks-like-Laredo YJ wheel that is done. The YJ wheel is about 7/8" less in height when you put it next to a CJ wheel. I have some CJ wheels I haven't covered yet. Did you want your wheel re-covered or just buy one outright?

Late 8

Basic User
City
Prosper
State
Tx
I've got the nutmeg grab bar. I have a black looks-like-Laredo YJ wheel that is done. The YJ wheel is about 7/8" less in height when you put it next to a CJ wheel. I have some CJ wheels I haven't covered yet. Did you want your wheel re-covered or just buy one outright?
Probably repair the wheel as I assume it's less cost with that method. So what am I looking at for that?

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Finally got to put on my new steering wheel the other night on the CJ7... it feels great when driving... sorry, no comparison picture of the previous one, but the leather was worn and shiny and slippery... this has a much nicer softer feel to it.

Thanks again!

View attachment 63528

That is sooooooo awesome...... This is the item in the jeep that you touch ALL the time!

This may be my birthday present....

What is the lead time?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
How about the grab bar? Do you want to repair my original or sell me a replacement for how much?????
As long as you are sending the wheel, send the grab bar as a trade in and I'll do both for 450 and 30 to get them back to you.

Late 8

Basic User
City
Prosper
State
Tx
Kim!
Thanks for your reply! I have a few major expenditures to get completed first but if all goes as planed I will get you to repair them for me! I be back in touch soon!
Thanks for doing this research, I know you have put in a lot of time to perfect it!
I will need an address to ship when I get back to you!
Thanks again!