jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thanks for the help. I have an 84 non-Laredo Scrambler that has the locking type also. Interesting that MM's 83 Laredo has a twist type without locking. I haven't seen one of those yet. So if no one has an earlier-than-84 original CJ that came with the locking type, then 84 must be the first year. Being a member of the CJ8 Forum is like having access to a live version of Scrambler Trivia. No that would be a cool game to have!
Don't believe everything you read, Kim. ;) we have yet to get one pic from MM but this time he has crossed the line. There is NO such thing as a non locking twist type unless it is broken and won't lock !!

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
Don't believe everything you read, Kim. ;) we have yet to get one pic from MM but this time he has crossed the line. There is NO such thing as a non locking twist type unless it is broken and won't lock !!
Yikes, you guys may have caught me making an assumption. I've never noticed a key-way in the '83 glove box, but it sounds like there must be one. I'll have to take a look next time I'm near it. Sorry for the bad intel.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Lol now thats a collection of doors. Now I dont feel bad that I own 4. lol

Sent from my SPH-L900

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
It's one item I have too many of yes. They are for sale for the price of $20 each, please help me get rid of some. And MM ill send you one free if you send me a pic of you sleeping across the seats in your scrambler. What color would you like ?

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Good luck with that Jersey. He is going to tell a story about how the rings of Saturn are causing Russian children to grow up with larger than normal finger nails and for that reason his 35mm pictures that he had saved on his old slide rule were lost the last time there was a solar eclipse on January 32nd.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Lol now thats a collection of doors. Now I dont feel bad that I own 4. lol

Sent from my SPH-L900
Only have 3 myself, but I have my eye on a certain silver metallic door that was posted recently;

glovebox doors.PNG

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY

He has more in that box.lol.. o I numbered them for easier reference .. lol

Sent from my SPH-L900

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Haha Brooklyn that's too funny I just laughed out loud. :). I should get rid of many of these but i don't run CL ads or eBay sales I just don't have time and would rather respond to want ads and just help people out. But it's funny this is one item that I know I have like 30 of which contrasting to the amount of dash panels I have is maybe only 3. It's just something that has piled up. Ill look at the condition of that silver one for you, speig and get back to ya :thumbsup:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Haha Brooklyn that's too funny I just laughed out loud. :). I should get rid of many of these but i don't run CL ads or eBay sales I just don't have time and would rather respond to want ads and just help people out. But it's funny this is one item that I know I have like 30 of which contrasting to the amount of dash panels I have is maybe only 3. It's just something that has piled up. Ill look at the condition of that silver one for you, speig and get back to ya :thumbsup:
At least your well organized. My stuff is scattered between 3 boroughs. Lol brooklyn queens staten island. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I would be interested in a black one or medium-blue one with a key lock. Does anyone have a picture of the lock catch mechanism? I can't imagine the flimsy thing on my 81 would be all there is to it. I can't remember what the lock catch looked like on my 85 that locked.

OR, is it easier/cheaper just to go buy one from the Jeep dealer parts counter?

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
If you think the non locking catch is bad just wait to you see what brain surgeon thought the locking version one up..

Sent from my SPH-L900

Last edited:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY

Best I can find on that catch.. I dont have a picture of mine. I guess simple is better the way they built things...

Sent from my SPH-L900

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I would be interested in a black one or medium-blue one with a key lock. Does anyone have a picture of the lock catch mechanism? I can't imagine the flimsy thing on my 81 would be all there is to it. I can't remember what the lock catch looked like on my 85 that locked.

OR, is it easier/cheaper just to go buy one from the Jeep dealer parts counter?
Not the greatest pic, as all the ones I have are with the door closed, but you can kind of make it out here

another one if you want to zoom in on it... it is like a curved metal piece with 2 screws on either side.

cb

Julio

Basic User
City
St Charles
State
Mo
Jersey, I would like to have one but only if it's non locking twist type and Chartreuse in color.:thumbsup:

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Seeing a Scrambler all torn up like that with pretty paint in a garage makes my heart flutter. What I would give for an enclosed space to be able to take apart and lock up my Scrambler...Ugh :(