• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for suggestions on LED lights

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
Jake,
I do not have a link, I have looked 4 one. The brand name is Tyco Electronics. I found mine @ Home Depot but since my return from the Nationals I found that Ace Hardware has or can get them. I'd post a pix but won't b back 2 the house til July 1st. The ones I've been using r 4 the 14/16 wire size, have a blue ring toward each end, and a solder ring in the middle. Hope this helps.
Tim

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Tim, all,
I found some of these connectors at Home Depot.
Thanks for the name.
Here's a link.
Here's what they look like:
TycoSolderGripHeatShrinkButtSpliceConnectors_SM.jpg

Orionn

Vehicular Packrat
City
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
State
Mi
Just a quick FYI, the 'Flush mount' LED taillights that Harbor Freight sells actually work well.
My neighbor used them on his Jeep (YJ) because he got tired of knocking off the stock lights.
They are extremely bright, to the point of having to look away if your at the wrong angle.
Also, they are not terribly expensive. The hardest part was cutting the 3"+ hole through the
body to mount them in.
If you go that route, done forget to add a license plate light to stay legal on the road.

Hope that helps someone out there.

Last edited:

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Ok - I finally got the courtesy lights installed and do they make a difference! I purchased five lights; installing two lights under the dash, two under the overhang in the bed on the right side, and one in the same place on the left side. I also installed two LED battery courtesy lights on the roll bar and rear cage that I purchased off of Ebay. The Tollier LEDs were wired in with a with an under dash switch, the two mounted on the roll bar are pax operated...

The lights from Tolliers worked flawlessly, and placed under the rear lip worked perfectly, lighting at the feet without blinding the driver. They were tested rigorously over the past couple of weeks in the desert, parked at night, drinking beers, watching the stars, without providing "too" much light.

Shooting pics without a flash obviously make these look BRIGHT, but they provide the perfect amount of light needed to get things done inside the Jeep without throwing too much light outside.

Super cool! Thanks for the recommendation, the lights work great!

I think you will be pleased. Post up and let us know. I've installed a few since the post. I'm a former car stereo installer and do all my buddies jeeps, trucks, tractors and boats.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Jeff, that looks great! Well done!
Incredible how bright this technology is and how little amperage they draw.

I like the ones you put under the bed rails. I haven't thought of that. You may have a copy-cat shortly!
Well done!