• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

MDJuan CJ8 delivered

83SFLScrambler

City
Coral Springs
State
Fl
I am in the process of building a 1983 CJ8. I bought an MDJuan tub from C&C Supply in Indiana for $2500.
The tub came perfectly in its crate and I’ve attached pictures for your reference. This was a big deal for me when I was trying to decide on a tub and I had a lot of questions that ended up still being unanswered. I went with the MDJuan because I wanted it as original as possible. Willy’s Overland uses the MDJuans that they claim to “fix”. Each time I’ve reached out to them, they try to push the unfixed tub on me for a lot more than I paid for mine. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out and I’ll assist or send pictures of whatever you’d like to see on the tub. My restoration can also be found on Instagram at @Scramblerrestoration

83SFLScrambler

City
Coral Springs
State
Fl
3FAAA6D6-D897-4818-9B9E-5EFB13BC070F.jpeg

Attachments

• B9A19638-88E9-41D1-AA0E-2A0AF24E373D.jpeg
    B9A19638-88E9-41D1-AA0E-2A0AF24E373D.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 426ACD1D-5D4A-4600-817F-BC5AFC3B8166.jpeg
    426ACD1D-5D4A-4600-817F-BC5AFC3B8166.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 95
  • A68D73AB-30BA-4273-9533-A9A656727E47.jpeg
    A68D73AB-30BA-4273-9533-A9A656727E47.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 98
  • C1D1B9B1-DDF9-4672-B8B8-E523FCCDE83C.jpeg
    C1D1B9B1-DDF9-4672-B8B8-E523FCCDE83C.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 25641F68-661E-446E-BCDC-7EEBED759766.jpeg
    25641F68-661E-446E-BCDC-7EEBED759766.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 94
  • F449877D-547B-4443-B250-D8C370269349.jpeg
    F449877D-547B-4443-B250-D8C370269349.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 93

83SFLScrambler

City
Coral Springs
State
Fl
It was a lot straighter than I expected that’s for sure. It’s out of the box and sitting on blocks. My Throttle Down Kustoms frame is beneath it. I’m hoping MDJuan has improved and it won’t be a horror story as I’ve read in other posts.

Last edited:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
lol...these forums are so tough on a cell phone that I primarily operate out of. Is there any mobile platform for this forum?
Not that I know of, but I use an iPad so I can see well and works very well and my pictures are on that and really easy to upload any pictures I want

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
We used to have Tapatalk which worked okay, but had to be retired for understandable reasons.

It works great for how it's configured. I guess I'm in the minority, but it drives me crazy that there is no dedicated "New Posts" button that is directly accessible at the top and bottom. As a result there is a lot of extra scrolling and clicking. As an IT guy it's like an itch I can't scratch and with my hand problems, I just login every few months when they are feeling good enough.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
We used to have Tapatalk which worked okay, but had to be retired for understandable reasons.

It works great for how it's configured. I guess I'm in the minority, but it drives me crazy that there is no dedicated "New Posts" button that is directly accessible at the top and bottom. As a result there is a lot of extra scrolling and clicking. As an IT guy it's like an itch I can't scratch and with my hand problems, I just login every few months when they are feeling good enough.
Just touch the 3 horizontal lines icon in the upper left corner. NEW POSTS is under that. It's only 1 extra click.

Personally, the new forum software works excellently for me on my Android phone.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
OP, I hope you continue to post updates here on your Scram because I also don't use Instagram, or Facebook. I think a good focused forum like this is SO much more valuable for a hobby than a general info sharing site.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
@Belizeit that part works great and @designerRob I know, but when every click hurts it puts a damper on your enthusiasm :cry:

OP, I will follow you on Insta, but I also hope you keep posting here with updates on how the tub worked out. This forum has been a great resource and you definitely feel like you're part of something good being a member.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Sorry to hear about the hands difficulties. I know it is not cheap but the technology is out there being used on computers where it is hands free. Just a thought into looking at that, some may be subsidized by grants or the Gov.

83SFLScrambler

City
Coral Springs
State
Fl
@Belizeit that part works great and @designerRob I know, but when every click hurts it puts a damper on your enthusiasm :cry:

OP, I will follow you on Insta, but I also hope you keep posting here with updates on how the tub worked out. This forum has been a great resource and you definitely feel like you're part of something good being a member.

I definitely will make follow up posts as the project progresses

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I love the new software. Easy to post, easy to upload pictures. I use an android phone, iPad, and a desktop computer.

I like that unread posts are bold. Allows me to escape from the real world while I scratch my jeep itch.

Ebrenden

City
Ormond Beach
State
Fl
How is the build coming along? I’m in the process of getting a cj8 tub from the same company but they are sold out. I hope it is worth the wait.

83SFLScrambler

City
Coral Springs
State
Fl
How is the build coming along? I’m in the process of getting a cj8 tub from the same company but they are sold out. I hope it is worth the wait.

It’s going lol. I received my Throttle down Kustoms frame and got it powder coated so the rebuild will be soon. I have an Instagram page and YouTube page @ScramblerRestoration is my screen name. I post more on there but I’ll try to keep updating here as well.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Instawhat?
Youtube? Isn't that the website with all the cute kitty cats?

Dutchmcl95

City
janesville
State
WI
Curious how your build is going. I am considering welding new panels into a body I have because of all the horrible reviews I have heard from MDJuan.