• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Minion mobile - '01 XJ

There is a yellow XJ for sale near me, FB ad says it is 1 of 239 yellow XJ's ever made. Anybody know if that is true?
 
How long before the salt eats her away in Michigan do you reckon? You've got a great Oregon rig there so at least she's not starting with rust. Could she be Ziebarted to slow it down; will they do used rigs?

In Australia the fisherman on Frasier Island spray linseed oil and diesel mix under the rigs to slow the rust.
 
Last edited:
There is a yellow XJ for sale near me, FB ad says it is 1 of 239 yellow XJ's ever made. Anybody know if that is true?
I saw hat ad and asked where he came up with that number. He didn’t reply.
 
I loved my XJ's. Mine were both two door sports. I've always thought about getting another one when my dad's Jimmy dies.
 
Sounds like a great trip, glad it was uneventful.
 
Nine cans of Fluid Film, a wash, new wipers, Rain X, clay bar, and most of a can of wax later, this is about as ready for college as it’s going to get. Did all the mechanicals over the past couple weeks. This was too much to do in one day for this old body. I HATE dealing with the Fluid Film but damn if it doesn't seem to help. Kid drove this all winter last winter here and *knock on wood* it seems to have done great. Hoping she keeps driving with salt down up there to a minimum :fingerscrossed:369144379_10232640229293688_876193302084565428_n.jpg369076292_10232640229173685_5197504635819486954_n.jpg
 
Very nice. I'm sure she appreciates it and her fellow jeep peeps at school will be jealous.😁
 
Beautiful! I wish I had that at college. I would have crisscrossed all the waterfalls and mountain campgrounds all over upstate and introduced all my new Long Island friends to "the other New York." Congratulations to you and your wife for a job well done and may your daughter have safe travels. Our twins leave in three days so we're right there with you.
 
Very nice. I'm sure she appreciates it and her fellow jeep peeps at school will be jealous.😁
She adores this thing. I'm hoping that fact will help her keep any salt driving to a bare minimum up there, but I'm prepared for the worst. Knew it going in, at least we found one that had as much time as possible left in it and I'm doing what I can to try to manage it with the fluid film.
 
Beautiful! I wish I had that at college. I would have crisscrossed all the waterfalls and mountain campgrounds all over upstate and introduced all my new Long Island friends to "the other New York." Congratulations to you and your wife for a job well done and may your daughter have safe travels. Our twins leave in three days so we're right there with you.
Best to y'all, not ready for this chapter yet...
 
Looks great..........Salt makes me cry. I am a big fan of the Fluid Film. Under our truck I did 6 cans with the straw inside everything I could. And 6 cans on everything. I'm considering trying gallon cans............
 
Looks great..........Salt makes me cry. I am a big fan of the Fluid Film. Under our truck I did 6 cans with the straw inside everything I could. And 6 cans on everything. I'm considering trying gallon cans............
I got one of the sprayers on about a 2' long tube off of Amazon. You pull the nozzle and insert the sprayer. Just a plastic nozzle with a clear tube and small brass insert on the end. It sprays forward and out the sides in 4 places around the circumference.

It's not this one, but similar. I think I put two and a half cans inside the "framerails" alone and up through the drain holes in the pinch seams down the bottom of the rockers.

s-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600.jpg
 
Back
Top