• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Moab in Spring

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
i'm not sure yet, did we set dates? I'm in utah and then Death Valley for two weeks in April which may preclude another trip in May...

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Yep, starting on April 26th in the Maze (See post #36 for a summary). I hope you can join us! We'll be moving over to the White Rim Road after a week and folks could join up there, too. (Jhop) We have permits for 6 vehicles, so there is room yet. :)

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I'm still working on it (about 80-90% sure I can make it). Should know for sure in a week or so.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
I'm still working on it (about 80-90% sure I can make it). Should know for sure in a week or so.

Good deal! I hope you can.

Post for tomorrow:
I'll be checking on current back-country road conditions with the Ranger station tomorrow - I hear the weather has made them more interesting. :)

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Sounds like the Flint Trail is blocked with ice and boulders at the moment. The Rangers expect to get a machine in there in 2-3 weeks to clear it after the ice melts. They use that road occasionally for access, so they'll open it back up when they can... There is still access from Hite to the Maze anyhow.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Some pics from last year, Dollhouse campsite and Teapot Canyon road:Moabpic1.jpegP1000491.jpeg
The road is straight ahead on the ledge on the other side of the canyon, going left to right after a hairpin turn out of sight to the leftP1000496.jpegP1000537.jpeg

Last edited:

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Much of the road is like this, with interesting bits between: DSC_8324.jpegP1000489.jpeg

Attachments

• P1000683.jpeg
    P1000683.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 177
  • P1000792.jpeg
    P1000792.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 177

jhopcj8

CJ-8 Member
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
I am trapped in the state Capitol until 5/6. Would love to join if people are still there then.

Sent from my iPad

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Heck! We'll be on the White Rim Trail May 5th and 6th, maybe still the 7th and leave the 8th.
edit: We'll be on the White Rim though the 8th and leave the 9th...

Last edited:

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI

Any luck, Spieg? 4 spots left if anybody else wants to go. Starting to pile up gear for next month's adventure. And doing some wrenching - changed the trans (was getting hot on the highway) and transfer case (twin-sticks!) today...

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Just get on a plane and come ride with us!

If I go that far I will also go to NJ and "pay a visit" to that JJ character for letting my GW go.

Last edited:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
If I go that far I will also go to NJ and "pay a visit" to that JJ character for letting my GW go.

I've got a 35 foot camper with central AC and no dingos ready for ya. Stay as long as you want. Beer and food will be provided. :cheers:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Well, the good news is I can get the time off work. :bacon:

Bad news is I found out that CNP has changed their policy since I was last there. They no loner allow pets in the back country, so I couldn't bring my dog. :eek:

Guess I'll probably be wheeling/camping on some of the BLM land in the area. Maybe we can still meet up for a beer in Moab?

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Aw, heck. Well, we"ll try meeting in Moab, then.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Mounted some more gas cans on the CJ8. Now to put some on the LJ.
cans.jpg

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Leaving in a few days for Moab - have one spot left on the permit if anybody else still wants to go. :cheers: