• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My 81’ CJ8 build/rebuild aka Seabag

Scenic.Overland

City
Oxford
State
PA
So I’d to introduce my 81’ CJ-8 aka “Seabag. My wife is the one that found it online and told me about it. She also gave me the money to go pick it up. It’s lived it’s life around PA and Delaware. So rust has taken its toll on the body and frame.

I’m still processing what condition everything is in. Frame looks bad so far and the tub may be in the same condition. AFA17F54-2003-4673-B570-A5C645FA2BCE.jpeg

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
This is definitely the place for anything you need. And all it will cost is pictures. We love pictures

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
I’m going to guess ( see a bag ) of money disappear! 😂😂😂

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Welcome, looks like you aren't to far from me, little over an hour just on the other side of Valley Forge from you.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Welcome, cool project name, look forward to following the progress

Scenic.Overland

City
Oxford
State
PA
Welcome! And please tell the story behind the name 'seabag'. 🍻
Seabag actually started with my Gladiator. My wife and I are both Navy vets. We joked about calling the Gladiator “Seabag” as we throw all of our stuff in it and then head out. I like to explore and go camping. The issue with the Gladiator is that it’s white, so it would have had to be vinyl wrapped. So we saved the name for our next Jeep. The wife wanted a sarge green wrangler or a green Grand Cherokee. We found this and the name still fits. I intend for this CJ to be able to hold a bunch of camping gear and go wheeling anywhere.

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Looking forward to seeing what you do with Seabag!

Looks like someone put YJ front fenders and flares on.