• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My 82 Build

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
I posted pic months ago of my barn find, body and frame were destroyed. IMG_0789.JPGIMG_0790.JPG

I have another tub and frame, tub needed new floor DONE! Moving on to frame, not too bad. Need a few repairs.imagejpeg_0.jpg
photo 1 (2).JPG
IMG_0782.JPG
I also replaced the rear floor riser.
IMG_0752.JPGIMG_0751.JPG

On to the frame.
photo.JPG

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
That replacement floor looks awesome.

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
I was on the fence about repairing floor or replacing, so glad i cut it out and replaced.
It is an omix ada panel and actually fit very well, minor adjustments.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I was on the fence about repairing floor or replacing, so glad i cut it out and replaced.
It is an omix ada panel and actually fit very well, minor adjustments.

It looks like you may be at the point i was at with my 81 restoration. I could have bought a new tub just as cheap as fixing my old one with a lot less labor.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Looks nice so far!

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
Finished up my frame repair today, had some rot around the rear hangers. I made some 1/4 inch plates with a piece if 1 1/2 flat stock welded to bottom of frame, mocked it up and welded them together before installing on frame.

IMG_0912.JPG

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
I also installed 2 1/2 spring hangers on the front because I am using YJ springs with a 4 inch lift.

IMG_0913.JPG

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
Installed my tub today, starting to look like a jeep again!IMG_0950.JPGIMG_0951.JPGIMG_0952.JPG

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
Finally got my scrambler fired up! The 4.0 purrs,managed to find a 5 speed for it also.IMG_1113.JPG

dmorolli

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Sterling Heights
State
MI
Time to start final assembly, ended up pulling tub to install brake and fuel lines.
IMG_1112.JPG