• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My Big Red Scrambler

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Whoo hoo? Still awesome. Figure what running and driving by lets say March 1st?? :headbang::bacon:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
5.3ls,4L60e, and atlas 4.3 going in this one. Ordered the atlas a few weeks ago, just got notice the atlas shipped yesterday!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
5.3ls,4L60e, and atlas 4.3 going in this one. Ordered the atlas a few weeks ago, just got notice the atlas shipped yesterday!

Speaking from experience, do you know which torque converter you are going to use?

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Probably just the stock one for now

I'm using the stock one now but I wish I would have gone with 2300 or 25000 stall converter now. Remember, it's easy and cheap to do it now.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
So Jake is painting stuff today and trying to get ahead of me I think I’ll post some pics of what showed up yesterday. :rotfl:
E0DEBEEE-7180-4708-A649-39A8E810DCB5.jpg
6A8A86D5-0452-443A-B9D6-D59FDA8BEC43.jpg

And got the engine transmission both in the garage. Most of the extra stuff is pulled off for now so I can get them in the frame rails.

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Most of the extra stuff is pulled off for now so I can get them in the frame rails.

Lets do this. Figure out those motor mounts get that TC hooked up and Ill come down with this box of parts i have for ya and we can get that thing mounted up. Have you decided on adapter and cross-member stuff?

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Lets do this. Figure out those motor mounts get that TC hooked up and Ill come down with this box of parts i have for ya and we can get that thing mounted up. Have you decided on adapter and cross-member stuff?

I'll probably use the ruff stuff weld together crossmember you used and skid plate will be similar to how we built yours. Thinking about moving the motor mounts up an inch...

No time for this one right now, trying to get started on this frame repair for 2001 tj we pick up. :rolleyes: Might pull the body off it tomorrow.

TrebleHook

CJ-8 Member
City
Fairfax
State
VA
This thing done yet!? Come on man...I am living vicariously through your Scrambler habit and I need a hit!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
This is where I installed my motor mounts. Worked perfect on my Scrambler.

Attachments

• 00872.jpg
    00872.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 873.jpg
    873.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 154