ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I know on my auto there isn’t any since it is floor shift. Basically a manual column.

But I don’t know if there is shift linkage that causes a difference on column shift versions.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Do you happen to have the part number for that lower bearing on the steering column from Wolf ? Thanks

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
On a CJ, is there even a difference, with regards to the lower steering column bearing, a difference between manual/auto transmission :shrug:

I messed with Josh's Scrambler a few years ago, factory auto column, I don't remember a difference in the lower bearings, I could be wrong :shrug:
According to my Jeep '81-'86 parts manual - if the highlighted bearing is the one in question - they are the same for floor & column, tilt and non-tilt.
bearing.JPG
They also appear to be the same for the XJ, SJ, & J series. :shrug:
That being said...you would think the manufacturer/seller would know for sure.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one....not sure I need it yet; but good to know I have it...

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Was looking to see if the automatic versions were in stock and all are now sold out again. :shrug:

Guess you have to strike while the iron is hot. Also not sure why they don't produce more if they can't keep a few on the shelf. Seems to tell me the demand is there or the price is too low, or both.

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Was looking to see if the automatic versions were in stock and all are now sold out again. :shrug:

Guess you have to strike while the iron is hot. Also not sure why they don't produce more if they can't keep a few on the shelf. Seems to tell me the demand is there or the price is too low, or both.
I emailed them A week ago, about the automatic bearings and when they would be available. They replied very soon. 🤔