• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My cage is done!

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Please forgive the link to a JF thread I made, but I uploaded all of the pics to JF, and you can not remote link any more, but I'd really like your guys (and gals) feedback, so take a look if you like.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/scrambler-cage-done-1109985/

Damn I'm happy to have her back, Next is the install of a a radio with Bluetooth, a USB port and an an Aux line in. I looked already, but the harness plug from my Sony does not fit the new JVC, I was hoping to just swap them out. Looks like more re-wiring for me.

mud bud

Legacy Registered User
City
Beulah
State
MI
Please forgive the link to a JF thread I made, but I uploaded all of the pics to JF, and you can not remote link any more, but I'd really like your guys (and gals) feedback, so take a look if you like.

Damn I'm happy to have her back, Next is the install of a a radio with Bluetooth, a USB port and an an Aux line in. I looked already, but the harness plug from my Sony does not fit the new JVC, I was hoping to just swap them out. Looks like more re-wiring for me.

Rock Hard cage? I am running the front and full rear cage (slightly modified) Makes me way more confident in taking my two boys with me while they are strapped in the back. Nice job! This picture was a couple months ago, since then I have moved the rear seat way forward, added four point harnesses in the back, removed the center divider, relocated the batteries under the hood and moved the tranny cooler under the hood.

mud bud

Legacy Registered User
City
Beulah
State
MI

Rock Hard cage? I am running the front and full rear cage (slightly modified) Makes me way more confident in taking my two boys with me while they are strapped in the back. Nice job! This picture was a couple months ago, since then I have moved the rear seat way forward, added four point harnesses in the back, removed the center divider, relocated the batteries under the hood and moved the tranny cooler under the hood.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
That is pretty much exactly how I planned on making mine. Now I have some nice pictures to go by. Looks real good.

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Mud Bud: No, this is all custom, Gen-Right stanchions, and a hacked up YJ main hoop. The rest is bent-up tube.

Kane: Heck, you are less then an hour from me. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime and see it in person.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Kane: Heck, you are less then an hour from me. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime and see it in person.

Son of A B***ch I saw your Jeep today at the GAJR in Somers. I was talking to your wife and kids while you waited 2 hours for the rock garden and then got fed up and drove back to the parking. I heard her mention about daddy's Jeep so we talked about the roll cage for a few minutes. I wish we got to meet. Only three Scramblers in the whole event. I wish mine was running. At least I had my CJ5 there.

I even took a few pics of your Jeep. Here is one.
GAJR201038-1.jpg

The pic of my CJ5 at the show today.
GAJR201026-1.jpg

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Thanks Jeff.

Kane, I def. saw your '5, it's great. For the record, I did wait forever, but I did do a small part of the rock garden. It was very hard, and I had my 4 yo so with me - first time "off road" for him, so I only did the VERY easy part.

attachment.php

I only saw 1 other Scrambler 4btcj (IIRC his user name) has a seriously sweet blue one with a full soft top - it was parked up high with the supporting club member rigs (he was working the gate).

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Damn I missed you on the rocks. I got tired of the small Jeeps trying and failing on the big stuff. I liked last year when they had three different rock set-ups so there were always three Jeeps moving along. I took alot of pics of the blue Scrambler. He did a great job on the restore. Too pretty to wheel but I like clean Jeeps.

breckwrecking

Narrow Tracker
City
Kittery
State
ME
Nice custom work, did you have to weld the bars in at all or mostly bolt in? Where in ct was that event?

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
It was up in somers ct. All the local jeep clubs have booths and clayton offroad had a big set up as well. It is a pretty nice set up for us.