New Holly Sniper for CJ 258 - really nice price point

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I've been researching the Sniper after seeing this original post, and discussion on another forum.
I chatted with https://www.efisystempro.com/
This is an image of part of the response:
View attachment 66793
Been doing a lot of reading and research last couple of weeks on Howell, H.Sniper & Fast. Getting close in the need to pull the trigger. Wondering how he is selling the 550-858 for that cost when it looks like it is $950 every where else that I see

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Been doing a lot of reading and research last couple of weeks on Howell, H.Sniper & Fast. Getting close in the need to pull the trigger. Wondering how he is selling the 550-858 for that cost when it looks like it is $950 every where else that I see
Don't know. :shrug:
The guy on the other forum PM'd me and said he contacted them and talked to Chris.
He said Chris discussed his needs and recommended the parts needed for the fuel pump/filters that was less expensive than the Holley options.

He has since posted and is very happy with the results.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I am looking into the sniper full kit (including the needed fuel parts as well. I need to sell only one kidney now. But after the trail ride this past weekend when I stalled out off camber and needed a bunch of folks to push me over rocks to get me level again so I could start, I think it is time.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I am looking into the sniper full kit (including the needed fuel parts as well. I need to sell only one kidney now. But after the trail ride this past weekend when I stalled out off camber and needed a bunch of folks to push me over rocks to get me level again so I could start, I think it is time.
I've been looking pretty hard also last two weeks and will probably pull the trigger also pretty soon. Been many years since I've done any real trail riding but they are going to be in my future. I had the same experience. Worked pretty well unless I had to stop. I think if I had a 3 rd leg I could work with the carb

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Yeah. I am thinking this might end up in my stocking. Would have been earlier if I didn’t have to drop a load of cash into the impala after the wheel fell off.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Got mine this week also. Ordered the works, intank pump,pressure gage, relay, hose kit with filters and fittings and other items. Going to be a while longer to try it out. Still building my engine, need to still work the transmission I found, buy motor mounts and radiator and I'm sure other items I have not thought about yet. It's a project that is luckily not in a hurry or time line because my engine in the jeep is running well. Don't want to drop everything out until I have everything ready to go back in. image.jpeg

zdatjeep

Basic User
City
merritt island
State
fl
Has anyone running the TBI kits using a clifford manifold? If your running a stock manifold, what are you doing with emissions gobbly gook at the bottom of the manifold right at the inlet? It looks like a giant obstruction and I would be tempted to remove it. I wonder how the TBI kits handle a clifford manifold with increased velocity. I would think the Sniper would self tune its throtte tip in points and a/f ratios through the rpm range, maybe better than some of the gm based kits that are limited in their preset mappings.
I am asking because I was actually putting off running a custom megasquirt setup with multiport fuel injection on a modified manifold to fit a 4.2. So in the meantime I ran across a cheap weber and started installing it to find it was a fake weber knock off!- back on goes the carter carb while I ponder. This Holley Sniper looks like a real good plug and play alternative to anything out there, I was just browsing the ebay listings.
If there is enough Jeep guys interested , we could try and organize a group buy on one of these sniper kits!.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Can the holley sniper control the MSD distributor?

I thought it would only provide adjustment control for the Holley distributors?

KK

zdatjeep

Basic User
City
merritt island
State
fl
Got mine this week also. Ordered the works, intank pump,pressure gage, relay, hose kit with filters and fittings and other items. Going to be a while longer to try it out. Still building my engine, need to still work the transmission I found, buy motor mounts and radiator and I'm sure other items I have not thought about yet. It's a project that is luckily not in a hurry or time line because my engine in the jeep is running well. Don't want to drop everything out until I have everything ready to go back in. View attachment 67263
You have a MSD in the pic, will the Holley control that MSD distributor?