• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New to the board

SeminoleCJ8

Basic User
Hey fellow Jeepers,
I have been lurking aroung the board for a while, so I figured I should introduce myself. I bought my first scrambler about 2 months ago. It is an 84, with a 258 and a stock auto tranny. I am in the process of a rebuild, and I am sure I will have questions. So far I have added a 2 1/2" lift, 32" tires, rebuilt the carb, replaced the enitire front braking system serviced the axles, and herculined the inside. This is not my first jeep, I owned a 78 CJ5 until I sold it for the CJ8. This board is great, and I am glad to be a part of it.

happy Jeepin',
Jon

Slpbear

Wyoming Scrambler nut

Jon, Welcome to the wonderful world of Scramblers. As you prbably already know being a former CJ5 owner, J.ust E.mpty E.very P.ocket are a lot of fun. Good luck with your restoration project and keep us posted. David "Papa Bear" Mc Ilrath:D

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Hi Jon & All other new comers to the board!!

we need picture of your 8's, we like that:D

Hey Jon, I may be asking you for help on my front brakes, I need to redo them completely, too this Spring.
I did the rears (completely) this past Fall but have never done disc brake rebuilds, so far I have only gotten as far as ordering new rotors :rolleyes:

anyway, welcome aboard to the- um- board :p

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Welcome aboard!

Hope we can be of some help and good luck with your project-JC