• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Original Stickers?

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
Can anyone tell me if these are the original stickers found on the top part of grill in the engine bay? I'm prepping parts to sand and paint and was wondering if I should try to salvage these. If these are original, any suggestions on how to preserve them?
 

Attachments

  • 20181218_230047.jpg
    20181218_230047.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20181218_230107.jpg
    20181218_230107.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20181218_230113.jpg
    20181218_230113.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20181218_230053.jpg
    20181218_230053.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20181218_222812.jpg
    20181218_222812.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 37
If your Scrambler is an 84 with a 150 four cylender they are correct. :wave:
 
My personal experience is these stickers never come off without being damaged. If there is no rust under them, I would carefully mask them with a painters tape and trace the edge with a razor blade to match the outline of the sticker. Then paint over the mask, and remove the mask when the paint dries and the stickers should remain intact.
 
These are my originals on my Jeep. Yours are in better shape than mine image.jpegI had to have some body work on my grill once because of some knuckle head so mine have been taped over and painted onimage.jpeg
 
Looks like i'll be masking off the stickers. It seems like a shame not to at least try to preserve them. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.
 
Suggest using the 3M blue tape for masking. I had issues with the green frog tape allowing paint bleeding under on another project. I don't think its sticky enough, but just my opinion.
 
Back
Top